Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 08:53 PM

480 posts, read 418,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The poster that you replied to hasn't been back on here since 07-03-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Awww. My bad. But the topic is relevant. Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis are all cities that attract transplants including San Diego.

In fact, I would prefer a rating of these 4 cities to get a diverse perspective and things I may not be seeing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 AM

9,821 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt_10 View Post
Awww. My bad. But the topic is relevant. Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis are all cities that attract transplants including San Diego.

In fact, I would prefer a rating of these 4 cities to get a diverse perspective and things I may not be seeing.
It was in 2008
Start a new thread and ask your question in the future.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:17 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
I told him the same thing right before you did.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:17 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,922,710 times
Final conclusion: San Diego rules: better weather, friendlier people, better scenery, better downtown(relatively) and beaches

Old 03-26-2018, 02:26 PM

31 posts, read 36,567 times
I know this is an old topic, I lived in minneapolis and now living in san diego. In my own opinion, minneapolis is the winner. The only good things I can say about SD are the scenery and the weather (but not so much on the weather, since it can get boring). SD properties are very expensive, school system are not good compare to minneapolis, economy is not good, SD crime rate is high because lots of people are trying to survive the high cost of living (just today in the morning news I heard there's a break in on little league snack cart stand and took couple hundreds of dollars in merchandise).

I said the SD weather can get boring because they're the same every single day. It is a desert like weather where you see blue skies and not much rain. Expect road accident and landslides when it rains. Expect wildfires and drought when it didn't rain for a long time. I'll take the cold weather than wildfires, drought and earthquake, minneapolis weather is cold but only during winter time when half of the country are cold. Coldest months are Jan and Feb, but it is not cold every single day, you'll get a break and when that happens it will give you an opportunity to do something outdoors like skiing, snow tubing, ice fishing, etc. the snow flakes are beautiful when they are coming down. There's a lot of festivities during spring, summer and fall. This is why I am planning to move back to minneapolis this year where cost of living is lower so I can move to an affordable, nicer and bigger house, save my money, prepare for retirement and enjoy the life.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:03 PM

123 posts, read 169,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Zer0 View Post
I know this is an old topic, I lived in minneapolis and now living in san diego. In my own opinion, minneapolis is the winner. The only good things I can say about SD are the scenery and the weather (but not so much on the weather, since it can get boring). SD properties are very expensive, school system are not good compare to minneapolis, economy is not good, SD crime rate is high because lots of people are trying to survive the high cost of living (just today in the morning news I heard there's a break in on little league snack cart stand and took couple hundreds of dollars in merchandise).

I said the SD weather can get boring because they're the same every single day. It is a desert like weather where you see blue skies and not much rain. Expect road accident and landslides when it rains. Expect wildfires and drought when it didn't rain for a long time. I'll take the cold weather than wildfires, drought and earthquake, minneapolis weather is cold but only during winter time when half of the country are cold. Coldest months are Jan and Feb, but it is not cold every single day, you'll get a break and when that happens it will give you an opportunity to do something outdoors like skiing, snow tubing, ice fishing, etc. the snow flakes are beautiful when they are coming down. There's a lot of festivities during spring, summer and fall. This is why I am planning to move back to minneapolis this year where cost of living is lower so I can move to an affordable, nicer and bigger house, save my money, prepare for retirement and enjoy the life.
LOL...Minneapolis's violent crime rate is roughly 2.5 times that of SD. Property crime is double.

If you prefer Minneapolis, fine. But don't make stuff up.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not ok

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2018 at 05:38 AM..

Old 03-26-2018, 06:05 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Ice fishing? I mean, I love ice fishing but as a metric to live somewhere I don't think many people think of that as a plus It's more of a drinking sport like OTL here.

But OTL means minimal clothes and you don't have to dress like you have a dog sled team.

Old 03-26-2018, 07:17 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,121,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler21 View Post
LOL...Minneapolis's violent crime rate is roughly 2.5 times that of SD. Property crime is double.

The Minneapolis metropolitan area has a lower crime rate than San Diego metro. San Diego city just has a lot of wealthy suburban neighborhoods within city limits with little to no crime, which dilutes the crime rate.

The difference is pretty minimal in my opinion.

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2018 at 05:38 AM..

Old 03-26-2018, 07:20 PM

123 posts, read 169,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newgensandiego View Post
The Minneapolis metropolitan area has a lower crime rate than San Diego metro. San Diego city just has a lot of wealthy suburban neighborhoods within city limits with little to no crime, which dilutes the crime rate.

The difference is pretty minimal in my opinion.
I see. Do you have a link to confirm this?

Old 03-26-2018, 08:38 PM

31 posts, read 36,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler21 View Post

Yup, my bad, it's a poor judgment on my side. I based it from what's in the morning news without looking at the actual data, I actually used to live on a minneapolis suburb (14 miles SW of minneapolis) which is more quite. Everything I said here are all based in my own opinion, some people may not agree with me and that's fine.

Last edited by Yac; 04-06-2018 at 05:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego