Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:24 AM

16 posts, read 43,592 times

Advertisements

I moved back to florida for a few months and bought a great boat for the area. It's a 2008 21' seaboss bay boat with 150 murcury opimax outboard and it's a great boat. I have had it 30 miles off the coast and it's been in rough waters and has done pretty well. Just get wet with the splashing. I'm considering taking a three month assignment in CA and would be bringing the boat. I know the waters out there are a bit rougher than South Florida or the keys and wanted to see if it would be safe to take a boat like this in CA. Any experts here please give me some advice? I know you gotta just pay attention and check the weather reports but would I be asking for trouble in this boat off the CA shores?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Here are the specified measurements for the seaboss 21' bay boat: Centerline length 21'6'', beam 7'10'', o/b shaft length 25'', deadrise @ transom 15 degrees, draft 8''

Thank you!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:23 PM

san diego being a cool city and right next to the ocean
but very few people have or know anything about boats! it's right next
to the ocean! san diego is a cool city and i miss all the constant
smiles..but you just don't see a heck of alot of people of all ages
with boats everywhere. i could ask a boat question in florida or
probably anywhere on the east coast and get back several "expert"
advice comments on conditions. boating, fishing, cruising=Very good times! fishing
boats, speed boats, any personal boat! Just amazing fun to get out
there in nature! There are some Huge fish out there to catch! I mean,
I don't think I'm Crockett from Miami Vice or anything but you'd think
in a city like San Diego a lot more people would be into power boats.
percentage-wise, the average joe doesn't know sh*t about boats
compared to the florida or the east coast. haha. it's true. this does not have all that much to do with the boat question (I hope someone can answer it) but there is a real sissy vibe in CA with the guys. they are not real men. it's true. haha. will someone with some nuts answer the maritime question?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:50 PM

105 posts, read 338,211 times
Well, I'm from the east coast too and I would say that most boaters out here have the money to not take a 21 foot boat out in the ocean. If you want to buy a real boat like a contender or whaler (outrage or conquest), you might not look like a complete tool out here. Otherwise, your boat will be just fine in the bay. It's not nearly as choppy as any of the east coast water's I've seen. I work on Shelter Island and see RIB's and little 13's all the time and they do just fine. And no, you don't see too many youngsters with boats out here. They surf.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:18 PM

3 posts, read 11,852 times
Way to hit the panic button and sabotage your own thread before someone could help you. Macho man.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:31 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,931,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalToFl View Post
but there is a real sissy vibe in CA with the guys. they are not real men. it's true. haha. will someone with some nuts answer the maritime question?
I grew up next to the Pacific ocean in So Cal, and have had boats ever since I was 12, from a 13' outboard all the way up to a very nicely appointed 34' fishing boat. But I won't be attempting to answer any of your questions because, as a sissy man, I don't feel worthy. Adios stud.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:53 AM

Look, I was just being a normal guy, and talking (or typing). One guy talks about most boaters having real money to not take a 21' boat, another calls me macho man, and the next tells me he does not feel worthy as a sissy man. Ok, I'll speak your language..I'm sorry to have hurt your feelings and said things that might have lacked in empathy. I should have put myself in your shoes and realized that my words could come across as hurtful. As human beings, we sometimes say things that could damage others feelings and should always be watchful because we never know who might be sensitive or delicate. I'm so sorry to be so reckless. Are you kidding me? haha. This is all called sarcasm * by the way. It's still true, most people don't know jack about boats in San Diego (*). The boat I'm talking about is an entry level boat but very nice with everything you need. The thing goes about 50 on water (glass water) 2 live wells, 4 coolers, fishfinder GPS. it's does not have to sit in the water alll the time. I can pull it out of the water for river lake ocean use although it's an outboard more suited for saltwater if there is such a boat. salt water is like low grade acid over time. I need an old salt to answer these questons. San Diego is cool. CA is a cool state. You just can't help but to get a little feminized living in CA after some time. This is not an insult. You don't realize it until you leave CA. It's not that big of a deal. My advice to couples moving to CA (cities) is that you must have a strong relationship and be best friends all the way around or after time it will not work. The man will slowly begin to assume feminine characteristics and this will not be an attractive thing for him. His out of state partner will lose attraction for him because it's not about looks or this or that. It's about having attractive qualities the other person does not have which will go out the window over time in CA. There are plenty to pretty women in CA so it won't be a problem meeting other women so if that is the stage of life your in then go for it. CA is a great place to visit or work in the short term. Maybe the best place in the United States. [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 06-30-2008, 11:30 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalToFl View Post
It's still true, most people don't know jack about boats in San Diego (*).
So then why did you come to the San Diego section to ask us? You don't feel anyone here in San Diego knows anything about boats, then go to one of the Florida sections where they probably know way more about boats, at least that's how you probably feel.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:59 PM

i am in the san diego section because i want to know about the waters in san diego.
there are smart people in ca, but very few people seem to know about boats compared to other cities directly on the water.
the water sea swells can normally be over 10 feet and that is no joke.
in fl the water is warmer and swells are about 3-6 feet but can get alot bigger depending on the wind or weather.
there are people that grew up next to the ocean that would take any boat over 19' in the ocean and i was just hoping someone could give me advice on taking the type boat in question off shore in ca.
sorry i went overboard.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 PM

in general most ca people are with it and smart but a lot of the men are kind of androgynous.
it had to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego