Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 PM

26 posts, read 75,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you keep looking in a cornflake box, yes they can indeed all be flakes.
start looking for beauty grace and love thru giving service & community which is all around you.
stop trying to hook up and you will cease to see cornflakes.

have a flower

pdclipart.com
free clipart

Barf...preach it somewhere else....lol

Old 07-02-2008, 08:18 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanina View Post
Yes, I am finding some SD people are flakes, and my friends in SD are the first to admit it...LOL
No, the majority of Americans do not know their geography, or much about anything other than their state. I could blame the system, but there's a point where you have to begin learning for yourself.
In Canada, strangely enough, we learn american history not our own, however, we have taken it upon ourselves to learn our own to the best we can.

I'm sorry but it's true, and an open minded educated American will be the first to admit it, as I have had this conversation many times over with intellectual americans.

but i have also had the look of confusion on my face when the girl at denny's says to me "what? they have tornadoes in oklahoma?????" "well how am I suppose to know, I was born and raised in the O.C.!"

ahhh it's so nice to find you american stereotypes on here, can't say the educated american is happy about that though, lol.
you know, the kind that likes to take a person's random comments and take them personally.
oh and stating that I am trying to 'hook up' that's classy of you since you don't even know me, but again, to be expected.

I know a lot of people in the USA and I am happy to say that they are NOT like you two. and sadly they are ashamed to be american. I hate to hear that because I love the USA, I love Canada as well. and I hope that one day you will be able to travel to another country without having to sew a canadian flag on your backpack, or will be able to say you are american in france and actually have someone help you out...

I am so sorry for my random miss typing on the word americans, but had I not spelled 'american's' incorrectly then you would have nothing to ***** about this evening....so in a way i am giving back.

to know me is to love me....hope you can say the same about yourselves.....

ps. take a note from the lovely people who have actually written something helpful on here and are not finding it pertinent to rebute everything I say negatively, as they understand it is an observation and not in regards to them personally....it's called security in themselves and understanding one's frustrations...try it.
Clue #2... you talk too much.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Clue #1, you're an idiot....take it to another blog...you obviously are of no help at all....
lata loser

Old 07-02-2008, 08:33 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
Clue #1, you're an idiot....take it to another blog...you obviously are of no help at all....
lata loser

That's truly uncalled for.

You came here for help and then you turn around and insult everyone who helps you, I don't see how anyone can take you seriously. By the way this is not a blog, it's a forum.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 PM

OMFG, I have not insulted anyone...if you take time to read it you will see that I am simply responding to their caddy and insulting responses. YOu think a stranger telling me that i go out to hook up is called for? they don't know me.

many good people have given helpful information on here, but there are the couple that just have to have themselves be heard cuz they love the sound of their own 'voice'

like you,,,,,,if it doesn't refer to what the original post is in a helpful way, then just shut the f&&k up...
it's simple...

about the blog thing...sorry i don't live online...thought i would give it a shot but obviously a bunch of flakes are on here too...lol there's no escape.

and I don't mean that towards those that helped me on here...i'm only refering to the FLAKES...

cheers

Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,401 times
Quote:
many good people have given helpful information on here, but there are the couple that just have to have themselves be heard cuz they love the sound of their own 'voice'

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

Anyhow I do sincerely wish you the best of luck in meeting someone.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:43 PM

see, you just gotta put in your two cents even though in todays economy IT'S WORTHLESS.
your kindness is not necessary as it is evidently passive aggressive.
so don't waste your time on here and move on to someone else that requires your lovely sentiments.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,547,310 times
Yes, San Diego people are generally flakes. Most of California is, true, but San Diego is seriously the worst of the worst when it comes to that.

I disagree where sav858 says it's a two way street. Perhaps in SF it is, but in SD it's not. They're one-way flakes and they have no excuse. There are so many times where people were like "let's hang out!" and I called them and no answer and I left a message and they didn't call back. Then I run into them again and they're like "ohh sorry about that! We really should hang out!" And I fell for it again. Same thing.

The worst thing that happened was one time when I tried to host a sushi party. I invited a bunch of people and a dozen or so said they'd show up. I reminded them soon before the party and they were like 'yeah!!!' The day of, I bought all the rice, fish, etc, spent the entire day making sushi. Then that evening, how many people show up? ONE. (And she didn't even eat fish!!! She just showed up to be nice.) I tried calling the rest of the people that said that they'd come, and NONE of them answered. Although, that one person and I did become quite good friends.

My advice is if someone flakes on you initially & does it again, forget them. It kind of sucks, because you think you're losing a potential friend, but they will never be a friend if they're going to do that. And then you can concentrate on putting your energy towards the people that don't act like that. (They do exist, but they're very rare in SD.)

Old 07-03-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Yes, San Diego people are generally flakes. Most of California is, true, but San Diego is seriously the worst of the worst when it comes to that.

I disagree where sav858 says it's a two way street. Perhaps in SF it is, but in SD it's not. They're one-way flakes and they have no excuse. There are so many times where people were like "let's hang out!" and I called them and no answer and I left a message and they didn't call back. Then I run into them again and they're like "ohh sorry about that! We really should hang out!" And I fell for it again. Same thing.

The worst thing that happened was one time when I tried to host a sushi party. I invited a bunch of people and a dozen or so said they'd show up. I reminded them soon before the party and they were like 'yeah!!!' The day of, I bought all the rice, fish, etc, spent the entire day making sushi. Then that evening, how many people show up? ONE. (And she didn't even eat fish!!! She just showed up to be nice.) I tried calling the rest of the people that said that they'd come, and NONE of them answered. Although, that one person and I did become quite good friends.

My advice is if someone flakes on you initially & does it again, forget them. It kind of sucks, because you think you're losing a potential friend, but they will never be a friend if they're going to do that. And then you can concentrate on putting your energy towards the people that don't act like that. (They do exist, but they're very rare in SD.)

Thanks so much for simply understanding my plight rather than biting my head off & taking it as I was talking about you personally, lol. As you say, they do exist but are very rare here, and that is what my observation has been as well.
that is good advise, give them 2 strikes, but I think i will skip anything that entails a full day of sushi making because i would be crushed. I'm sorry that happened to you.
I am very conscience of peoples time, and as mentioned in an above post, my time is no more important than anyone elses, so I can appreciate your situation.
but you got one good friend out of it at least, and lots of left over sushi, which you may not want to eat after a day or so...lol

anyways, thanks so much for the post...good advice for sure

Old 07-03-2008, 02:03 AM

349 posts, read 1,544,806 times
I have a pretty good circle of friends in San Diego, most, if not all of whom are transplants. I didn't grow up here but have lived here since the early 90's. Recently I experienced what you described with a San Diego native. We made plans, emailed back and forth and then when I tried to confirm right before....nothing. You may be on to something. Lol

I know what you mean about traveling all over. I think being in other countries such as Australia, Japan, etc...the natives are often very friendly because they find us different and interesting. Being Canadian, you are practically an American so it doesn't help much here.

Someone posted good advice about meetup groups. I recently joined one and have been invited to all kinds of events but have been too busy to make any. Maybe I am becoming a San Diego flake, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego