Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:51 PM

23 posts, read 54,980 times

Advertisements

SDrelocate... I have a feeling you don't have any "real" knowledge about Pitbulls.
Anybody can type a search into google & come up with a supporting article...
There are people of all different races that attack & kill others. Would you say something negative about ALL Blacks or Asians or Caucasians or Latinos Etc Etc because of isolated incidents...
Actually maybe you would...
Some people believe everything they hear on the news.. It's too bad because the world would be a very different place if people would do a little more research..
I know because I used to be that person that almost always had an opinion about something wether valid or not
If only more people would take a step back before they voice their opinion sometimes and say "Maybe I really don't know much about this subject.. Maybe I shouldn't spread false information about something I know nothing about"
The amount of animals & people who are hurt from prejudice & false stereotypes is so unnecessary.
I've had this discussion with my entire bar room before. I went around and asked everyone if they had ever been bitten by a dog before. Half of the people said they had been but suprisingly when asked the breed of dog that had hurt them... not one of them said a pitbull...

Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 PM

238 posts, read 555,768 times
I tried to stay away from this one for reasons that will become obvious. Equally obviously, I have failed...

I agree with Sassberto, and I'll say it more baldly than he did. I am also amazed that not more people took the same stance; something is awfully wrong in this society.

Most, if not all, dogs are inherently dangerous and the more powerful they are, the more dangerous they are. Just like the loaded gun analogy. A BB gun may be more prone to fire often (chihuahua) but I'd be much more afraid of the double-barreled shotgun (pit bull) that only goes off once in a while.

All this talk about being 'educated' about these dogs etc is a bunch of ego-driven, self-protective and yes, illiterate hooey. Like the self-proclaimed PhD who can't spell simple words or string basic sentences together.

All those dogs that attacked people and caused grave injury? I bet every one of their owners, prior to the attack, described that dog as 'sweet' and 'well-trained'. Sweet my ***. They are killing machines and that is all there is to it. People who claim otherwise are disconnected from the entire concept of nature for their own selfish, self-delusional reasons.

Here is an illustration of nature:
The Scorpion and the Frog

Ready for all the attacks; I don't often take such a firm stance on things, trying to see both sides of the issue, but this one always gets me going. Politics, religion, sex... I don't get into those arguments as both sides usually have something interesting, useful and sensible to say. But to call pit bulls and other similar dogs sweet and loving... when I believe that I'll have bought all the oceanfront property in Arizona first.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego