Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 11:57 AM

957 posts, read 3,351,547 times

Advertisements

^^ Not to ask a stupid ? to either of you, but that cannot be typical, right? I mean would something like that actually sell and like SAV said you could get a much better and bigger deal in La Jolla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:45 PM

8 posts, read 38,764 times
The ground that cottage is on may be worth more than $1.25M ten years from now. But the fact the cottage is still sitting on it suggests that it's a historic house. My guess would be that it might be impossible to ever build anything on the lot that would justify paying that kind of money. Looking at Realtor.com, there seem to be much nicer houses in that price range in Coronado. And you can get a very nice home in 95% of San Diego for much less than $1.25M. It's still very expensive, but not like that.

Chris

Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingtoLeave View Post
^^ Not to ask a stupid ? to either of you, but that cannot be typical, right? I mean would something like that actually sell and like SAV said you could get a much better and bigger deal in La Jolla.
I'm not an expert or anything but pay attention to real estate and that home seems very unreasonable, I doubt it sold, if at all, near that price. I've seen bigger and much nicer homes within a few blocks of the beach in the Windansea/Bird Rock area of La Jolla for less or about the same. Coronado is exclusive but not that exclusive.....

Old 04-10-2008, 09:03 AM

22 posts, read 165,407 times
Default Pics of San Diego

These are wonderful, all of them. (I also liked the ones of Newport Beach; I used to live there.)

San Diego is so beautiful...I would love to live there someday!

Thanks for sharing the photos, all.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:35 PM

14 posts, read 53,477 times
sdurbanite your photos are awesome. I'm moving to North County in June (from LF) and this has really give me a good perspective of what's around. Got any photos of Vista or San Marcos? (I realize they're not on the beach though).

Old 04-11-2008, 11:24 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk60 View Post
sdurbanite your photos are awesome. I'm moving to North County in June (from LF) and this has really give me a good perspective of what's around. Got any photos of Vista or San Marcos? (I realize they're not on the beach though).
San Marcos, California (CA) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Vista, CA Photo Album - All Pictures

Old 04-12-2008, 10:06 AM

14 posts, read 53,477 times
thanks for the links!

Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk60 View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the North County area, so perhaps other forumers can post some pics for you.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:30 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Ok, when I saw that it was nearly 90 degrees at 11:00am on my deck last Sunday, I did what all of us poorer folks do that live east of the 5 Freeway, and headed for the coast in search of cooler temps

Headed first to the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla, for a quick visit and lunch at the outdoor cafe.

Yummy...

No pics allowed while inside, so here are some from outside

Niki de St. Phalles

Our own Hammering Man sculpture

Boats, boats, boats....

This museum may be small, but the views are big...

Across the street and thru the sculpture garden is the beach

Here's the polluted ocean and filthy beach some people are always complaining about

And certainly no trip to La Jolla would be complete without seeing a convertible red Ferrari, right?

Now let's head to a friend's pad in Pacific Beach....

View of the pier entrance from her balcony

You see the coolest bikes here

..and from the common area patio which sits above the boardwalk below

Let's hit the boardwalk and sand

Ice cream sounds good

A live newscast was being televised. How beautiful can a reporter be?!? That's the chick from News8

I gotta say, the booze ban definitely made the beach a more pleasant place to be

Honestly, if you are young and goodlooking, PB is the perfect place for you

I was surprised to see so many people in the water! It's still too cold for me this time of the year (about 60 degrees). But I guess when it's 100 degrees in El Cajon, 60 sounds pretty good

Just chillin..

Unless you were at the beach that day, you have no idea how beautiful the ocean was

Ah, Sunset.......

In regards to the "Are SD Girls Stuck Up?" thread going on right now, here's a quick story to shot below. Friendly, goodlooking guys chatting with us before two really cute girls enter the picture. Girl 1 and 2 go right over to the guys and introduce themselves. Soon, everyone is shaking hands and chatting. I wouldn't call that stuck up, would you?

Hope you enjoyed cooling off with me!

Last edited by sdurbanite; 04-15-2008 at 07:08 PM..

Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Outstanding photos sdurbanite.

Those types of photos truly capture the beauty of San Diego, especially cause they are real photos, and aren't altered to go on a postcard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego