Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM

53 posts, read 307,847 times

Advertisements

Great pics. I could never afford it but looks like a beautiful city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM

144 posts, read 935,508 times

I've been in this one....I love it.

The others are just too ostentatious.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM

32 posts, read 272,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
Those snake warning signs are real, alright. I was hiking off the beaten path of a trail once and a guy coming down the mountain warned me about a rattlesnake coiled up under a rock about 50 yards ahead. Needless to say, I made a U-turn once I heard that.

I remember laughing at people when they brought those long sticks to hike up the mountain. I used to think it was to help them keep their balance, until I realized they were using them as protection from the snakes.

I think if you stay on the popular trails, there's less of a chance you'll run into one.

Great pics, BTW. Sunsets from up there are amazing, aren't they?
yes they were great, everytime we went up it was later i the day and the sun would usually be setting by the time we hit the top, and we ended up coming down in the dark, prolly not the best idea either. we didnt see any snakes, and we were off the trail almost the entire time (now i see why this is stupid) i even hiked the back of it the one day, enter a trail of some little side street, was hiking toward like rock park or something along those lines? idk i was expecting something cooler but maybe i never made it all the way, i was by myself and it was getting dark so i turned back, not really being familiar with the area

Old 03-06-2007, 11:52 PM

32 posts, read 272,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENZBOY15 View Post

what do ppl that own houses like this do?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,099,798 times
I'll take 2 please, one in La Jolla (oceanfront) and another one in Rancho Santa Fe (anyone of those homes in these pictures will do).

Old 03-07-2007, 05:17 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,399,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awoz87 View Post
My guess, they're trial lawyers. There are a couple of big name national plaintiff lawyers who call San Diego home.... I of course won't name names. I'd get SUED!

Old 03-08-2007, 11:49 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWHATWHATnowinSD View Post
where does trevor hoffman live. The closer for the padres. I went into his house 3 years ago. I really didn't know the area at that time. Can anyone clue me in.
My guess is that he lives in Poway, since that's where many other professional baseball players choose to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoz87
I always ask myself the same question whenever I'm driving thru "The Ranch". I remember back when Janet Jackson had a house there. Bill Gates supposedly has a house there now.

Here's a brief description of the area from the real estate website ZipRealty -

Rancho Santa Fe, referred to by locals as "the Ranch," is consistently rated the best place in the United States for people of means to live. Beautiful homes on spacious, concealed lots trademark this community, home to celebrities, businesspeople and those who live in the lap of luxury. The traditional homes of Rancho Santa Fe are surrounded by lush lawns or equestrian fields, making it the perfect place for a person who wants privacy and their own space. It is one of the ten wealthiest communities in the entire USA. This luxurious area is starting to run low on buildable space, so homeowners have started buying up property to raze the standing homes and construct new dream houses. Because the community adheres to the strictest aesthetic, these homes are carefully planned and reviewed. Most sit at the end of long driveways protected by gates, and have tennis courts and swimming pools tucked away inside their spacious lots. Sidewalks and streetlights are banned from residential areas. The look and feel of the community is preserved by a non-profit association dedicated to maintaining the appearance and lifestyle of this exclusive neighborhood. Homes are styled in traditional Tudor, country French and Spanish Mediterranean plans. But the beauty of Rancho Santa Fe is not all that draws prospective homebuyers into this neighborhood. The Rancho Santa Fe School District is one of the best in the state, drawing in parents with young children who want them to have the best public school education from the start of their academic careers. High school aged students are served by the San Dieguito Union High School District. The local high school is a three-time recipient of the "California Distinguished School" award, with most of its graduates going onto to college.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWHATWHATnowinSD View Post
where does trevor hoffman live. The closer for the padres. I went into his house 3 years ago. I really didn't know the area at that time. Can anyone clue me in.
I don't know where he lives in California but he owns a home in Southlake Texas too. Texas is his home state. I'm glad he plays for the Padres though!! He is one of my favorite closers!! Go Padres!!! (sorry to go off topic peeps!!) Heck I would live in the pool house (4th pic down) lol. Love RSF!! Beautiful!!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:36 AM

17 posts, read 87,272 times
Stunning images. A few of you guys complained about the 500ft building height limit, but with the mountains to the east and the ocean to the left, I think the skyline is best at its current height. No need to block out the natural beauty of the place.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:21 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Thought I'd share these pics that I took from the top of Mt. Soledad in La Jolla the other day. For those of you who don't know, it's the site of the controversial cross that is currently the centerpiece of a small park. It's nearly 900 feet above sea level, with a 360 degree view that shouldn't be missed.

The Cross

Looking North, with the fog hugging the coast below.

Sitting on the edge, high above the fog

Looking out towards downtown, with the 5 freeway cutting thru Rose Canyon below

Looking towards the UTC area. It's amazing how clear it is when you look away from the coast.

Enjoying lunch while admiring the view over Mission Bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego