Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 08:43 AM

35 posts, read 85,512 times

Advertisements

You live in what looks like a wonderful area.
In South Africa we currently live an renovated home originally dating back to the 40's.
Huge oak trees, chest nut tress on 3/4 acre.
We are planning a move to SD and it appears the only way to get similar near to where we see the kids going to school would be Encinitas or Ranch Santa Fe. If only the prices weren't so high compared to here!! We would be lucky to get $500000 for our home here!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM

804 posts, read 2,401,106 times
Cool pic's

Old 07-30-2009, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 7,574 times
Hello everyone,,,

the pics are beautiful....i am seking to move to the west coast...i want to move to a nice town....just looking to start a new exciting life with my family...any suggestions pls am all ears... From leaving pa hello sun!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:25 AM

24 posts, read 105,118 times
Very nice pics... I love everything about SD and California.. weather, beaches, palms...

Old 07-31-2009, 11:54 AM

24 posts, read 66,827 times
Chicago!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 AM

10 posts, read 57,455 times
Default Wanted to add a few photos of my own...

Hey, it's my first time posting here, and I ADORE the photos in this thread - thanks to everyone for sharing. I'm nowhere near as good at this as sdurbanite (I don't seem to have been consistent at sizing, for example), but I have a few to share:

I am in love with the Casa del Prado in Balboa Park. And with Balboa Park in general.

The Museum of Man dome, from the courtyard of the Globe Theatre (Balboa Park again):

Inside the Balboa Park Arboretum:

Arboretum from the outside:

The Spanish Village in Balboa Park:

The fountain at the Inez Parker Memorial Rose Garden (Balboa Park):

The creepiest tree (in my opinion) at the Balboa Park Cactus Garden:

Here are a few pics of one of my favorite things -- Queen Califia's Magical Circle (by Niki de Saint Phalle) in Kit Carson Park (Escondido):

Carlsbad State Beach:

It was December when this next one was taken, hence my son not swimming!

View from the Oceanside Pier (home of Ruby's Diner):

I really have to get better at taking photos! Here's hoping that I at least posted them correctly...

Old 08-02-2009, 12:27 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
beautiful!!! you posted them correctly!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 AM

8,288 posts, read 23,096,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
The water temp was 68 degrees at Mission Beach yesterday. Lots of people were in the water.
That's what it is in Milwaukee,WI on Lake Michigan? doesn't the water ever get warm there?

Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,569,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
That's what it is in Milwaukee,WI on Lake Michigan? doesn't the water ever get warm there?
Chilly water temps are the norm here. Last weekend, the Pacific Beach / Mission Beach lifeguard stations were reporting water temps in the low 70s (71 - 74 depending on the station). Those temps are about the highest it gets around here.

The cool water temps helps keep our air temps very moderate. The airport is reporting the air temp as 73 degrees right now with a high of 75 for today. And full sun and blue sky with minimal clouds.

If you want warmer water temps try Florida.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:25 PM

114 posts, read 308,747 times
What an amazing place. Thanks to all of you who posted these great photos. I live here now one year and realize that I haven't even seen 10% of this beautiful place. San Diego is the reason why I would never go back to Europe. No winter, the Pacific ocean, a beautiful green metropolis, sunshine everyday, good public transportation, nice and talkative people. I love the US!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego