Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 09:32 AM

29 posts, read 75,678 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, my wife and I are moving to the San Diego area from Colorado and are looking for an area to live. She will be attending Maric College just north of Serra Mesa (East Clairmont?) and I am being transferred to southern Escondido. We love the beach and would like to be close, but after living in the mountains a 20 minute drive seems close enough! We were thinking maybe San Penasquitos or Encinitas.

Also if anyone has any affordable 2-3 bedroom apartment suggestions that are not sketchy, we would appreciate the feedback! We have been reading comments on this site for a couple of months now and have learned a greate deal from the people that participate. Thank you in advance for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 05:57 PM

29 posts, read 75,678 times
Well the sand is running out of our hourglass here in Colorado. My wife and I sign papers on our home this friday and will be living with my brother for a week. It looks like September 7th will be our moving date.

So far we have been looking at Craigslist and rent.com for apartment listings and the two areas we like best are Poway and Rancho Penasquitos. Del Mar has some nice apartments as well, but I am worried about the length of commute to southern Escondido. Poway is much closer, 10 miles for me and 15 miles to my wife's school. There are even elementary schools within walking distance of the apartments we have looked at. Does anyone have experience riding the public transportation along I-15? What kind of monthly fee can one expect to pay and how safe is it? What's the closest beach from Poway?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Poway is great and has a lot going for it, though it does tend to be a tad warmer than Coastal San Diego. The schools are fanstastic, and the area is very community-oriented. You cannot go wrong there.

I am not familiar with public transportation on the 15 corridor as a user, so I can't give you information on that, but here's a link about transit. Transit.511sd.com

There are some great beaches within a short driving distance of Poway in the greater San Diego region. The nearest beach to Poway is Torrey Pines, and it's around a 30 minute drive, roughly. Here's a link about Torrey Pines: Torrey Pines State Reserve

Here's a link to a Google-user created map that details the California State Beaches:
Google Maps
Edit: The map does not show all California State Beaches, as it is missing some up the coast, but gives a good overview in San Diego.

I hope that you have a smooth move and I'm positive that you will enjoy San Diego, since there's so much to do and so many attractions in the immediate area and in the greater Southern California region for day trips and the like. From beaches to museums to culutral attractions and the mountains, there's a plethora of activities on your doorstep.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 08-26-2008 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Added remarks about Google user map link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego