Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 12:50 AM

27 posts, read 130,503 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a ballet studio for my 3yod. I don't want a competition based studio. I want a serious studio to give her a solid foundation. I prefer a ballet only class.
I just came from one today where the children were climbing on the bars and were very rude to my quiet and serious Little one. She loves ballet and wants to learn.
I live in Fallbrook (east of Oceanside) but will travel for a great studio.
Thanks,
Amanda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 04:09 PM

1,148 posts, read 2,993,377 times
I think a ballet studio in a generally affluent and "uppity" neighborhood would probably be more of what you are describing. Look into wealthy places for ballet studios such as La Jolla, Del Mar, maybe Rancho Santa Fe?

One resource I use to find business in an area (besides the yellow pages) is to go to http://maps.google.com and type in the neighborhood: La Jolla, San Diego, CA. Then it shows La Jolla on the map. Then I click on the flag and select the link "Search Nearby". I type in various keywords until I find what I want: ballet, ballet school, ballet schools It will list the businesses tagged with that keyword in that area.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhorseranch View Post
I'm looking for a ballet studio for my 3yod. I don't want a competition based studio. I want a serious studio to give her a solid foundation. I prefer a ballet only class.
I just came from one today where the children were climbing on the bars and were very rude to my quiet and serious Little one. She loves ballet and wants to learn.
I live in Fallbrook (east of Oceanside) but will travel for a great studio.
Thanks,
Amanda
Can I ask which studio you were in today? I used to live in Fallbrook and my girls took ballet there- just curious about your experience! For old school, Russian training, you won't have to drive far: Svetlana's Dance Academy is in Temecula and was recently featured in....well, I can't remember which paper I was reading (), but all very positive things, especially in terms of the school teaching a very traditional style. Here's the website: www.svetlanasdanceacademy.com . Good luck!

Old 10-21-2008, 09:23 AM

I don't want to name names but... I already tried Svetlana's and although I found their facility, wonderful, and loved the teacher... We won't be going there.
There is a studio in Fallbrook. They don't take them until 4.5.
Thanks for th advice... anymore suggestions?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:46 PM

1,061 posts, read 3,583,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhorseranch View Post
I don't want to name names but... I already tried Svetlana's and although I found their facility, wonderful, and loved the teacher... We won't be going there.
There is a studio in Fallbrook. They don't take them until 4.5.
Thanks for th advice... anymore suggestions?
Hmmmmmm, it seems like you have some very particular standards. Would you mind elaborating a little more as to why Svetlana's wouldn't work for you? That may help people with their recommendations.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:55 PM

The problem was a very cruel and out of control child in the class. This child is a fixture at the studio and isn't going anywhere and her behavior was treated as oh well, that's how she is... Easily half the class time was spent pleading with the child to "be nice" and "get down" from the bars. She repeatedly said she didn't like my daughter and wouldn't hold her hand and kept dancing in front of her and cutting in front of her.
I don't want my child to have to deal with this bully in her class! Other than that, I thought the studio was perfect and it breaks my heart not to have dd going there. I'd recommend it for anyone with an older child that wouldn't be in her class.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,403 times
Encinitas ballet is what you are looking for [url]http://www.encinitasballet.com[/url]

Last edited by Kcal; 07-12-2009 at 05:46 PM.. Reason: Bad link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego