Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 PM

65 posts, read 196,918 times

Advertisements

my wife and i are both 24, we came to san diego for your honeymoon and LOVED IT! my wife grew up in SD and and i'm from Milwaukee. now we really want to move to SD, my wife would be getting a job with the SD sheriff dept. and i'm a honda mechanic, and i was wondering where would be our best places to look for a apartment?, where in the county doesn't really matter too much, just reasonable and nice.

and also if anyone has any suggestions or comments about us moving and such i'm very open, i just want to know how it is.

thanks
nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 10:35 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
Without knowing much about where you physically might end up working, I would suggest Mission Valley. It's new and autocentric, but it does happen to have reasonable mass transit access to downtown. I personally find the area sterile, but without knowing what you like and what you could afford, I would start with that.

If the rents in Mission Valley are too high, I would look to Clairemont Mesa. The apartments there are older, usually built in the 1970s or 80s, so the rents are lower. These apartments won't have all of the amenities a Mission Valley apartment would have. MV apartments probably have an in-unit Washer Drawer, Clairemont Mesa units probably only have an onsite laundry room. Mission Valley units probably have a dishwasher, a Clairemont Mesa apartment, probably doesn't. Also, Clairemont Mesa apartments probably don't have A/C.

Still if you are young, and your incomes are starting out low, saving $200-$500/month may make Clairemont Mesa the better first choice. But both are very centrally located which will leave you well situated for where ever your employment choices may take you, except for North County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: