Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 AM

739 posts, read 3,056,926 times

Advertisements

I saw the most blatant drug deal ever on the orange line on my way to see the Padres.. that was fun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 AM

942 posts, read 1,392,133 times
Its the same way up here in Portland, the trains on one line are frightening, and yet I take them, I won't put up with much. These people ride for free, and act like they own the damn train. I always make sure I know where the emergency button and the speaker to call the train operator. I would not hesitate to use it if I had to. Always carry your cell phone, cause if san diego is like Portland at all, you are on your own, I would not depend on any of the other passengers to call 911 for you, Alot of the people that look respectable on the train are part of the problem, they would not pick up the phone to call 911 in an emergency. Sad but true

Old 04-23-2007, 11:44 AM

840 posts, read 6,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
San Diego is overall pretty safe and most people don't really want to make trouble.

I agree.

The only crimes I've read from news reports are a couple shootings on the platforms.

I used to ride the trolley when I was little. The old box car ones. It was safe then and I'm pretty sure they're still safe.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:14 PM

30 posts, read 221,164 times
Other than a couple short trips through downtown, I only rode the trolley once out to Grossmont. It made me nervous ... I didn't feel safe. And, that was back in 1995. So, can't say what it is like now. But, I'm someone who takes public transporation to work all the time in Portland and I wasn't comfortable on the trolley in San Diego.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:56 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,574,731 times
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaxs View Post
I saw the most blatant drug deal ever on the orange line on my way to see the Padres.. that was fun
Can you tell us what happened?Sounds crazy!

Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 AM

17 posts, read 55,696 times
We are moving to the area in a couple of months - is this something the city is working on? Or do they just not care?

Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM

840 posts, read 6,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
Hate to say it, but drug deals on public transportation is not unusual in San Diego. I've also seen it myself.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:49 PM

739 posts, read 3,056,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
First all, this was before the the new green line was built and I didnt realize I couldnt go from La Mesa to Qualcomm stadium directly. So, I went alllll the way around the whole friggen city to get to the stadium.. grr. Anyways, I was sitting there and a guy gets on at one stop, walks over to another guy siting down. One guy hands over a wad of cash, the other guy hands over a small brown paper bag. The very next stop the guy who paid got off and the stop after that the guy who gave the "goods" got off. So, The buyer was on for the trip between two stops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego