Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,419 times

Advertisements

While Del Mar is lovely, I'd never want to live there. I'm talking about south of Del Mar downtown area where houses and apartments are. The main reason for this: there's a train tracks underneath the cliff and you can't just simply walk down to the beach like you do in Mission Beach, Pacific Beach or parts of La Jolla. You'll have to do quite a climb down to the beach at bottom of the cliff, past the train tracks. But north of downtown Del Mar but south of Del Mar Fairgrounds, you might take a walk on the beach. If you don't care about this part, I think Del Mar is fine for someone like you and don't have an issue with a little higher rentals compared to the rest of SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,825,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxNeko View Post
While Del Mar is lovely, I'd never want to live there. I'm talking about south of Del Mar downtown area where houses and apartments are. The main reason for this: there's a train tracks underneath the cliff and you can't just simply walk down to the beach like you do in Mission Beach, Pacific Beach or parts of La Jolla. You'll have to do quite a climb down to the beach at bottom of the cliff, past the train tracks. But north of downtown Del Mar but south of Del Mar Fairgrounds, you might take a walk on the beach. If you don't care about this part, I think Del Mar is fine for someone like you and don't have an issue with a little higher rentals compared to the rest of SD.
People walk across the train tracks. It's not that hard. About 4 steps.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 PM

387 posts, read 2,125,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
Del Mar is very safe. The only areas I would possibly avoid if I was extremely paranoid would be the area just North of the Del Mar Fairgrounds which is technically Solana Beach along Stevens Ave. Those areas kind of mesh together.
I'm a female in this area and haven't had any problems.

Del Mar is nice and I hope you love it if you move to the area. Good luck with your decision!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,118,979 times
Hey all you brain whizz's , heres some facts that are inconsistant with aforementioned uneducated overview ( sorry about that , but its not my fault)
The collection and pricing of ocean-front reale srate available "right now"brings Del mar to the
top of the list ....including RSF. Even homes available in DelMar within close proximity to ocean (which basically "all" are) relative to square footage out price La Jolla , RSF and everything else right up to what...I'll tell you.....
Emerald Bay ...Laguna.....Thats how far you have to go to find a "more expensive" area relative to house cost , lot, and square footage.
Moreover....RSF at present have roughly 485 listings in a community of what/....3000 max. So.....1 in 6 homes are for sale in RSF and basically you can get a 6000sq ft stunner for 1.5 mil all in after the fighting.
So....rsf may have alot of stunners but the entry fee is didly relative to this conversation. They can't sellem up there and because of the deflation in values and the Non-interest in purchase it has litteraly sunk to almost last place.
Hey....facts are facts and my opinion is that in spite of this Sandiego area being one of the nicest places to live in the WORLD....the old money vendor has gotta get real.....He basically wants his money back from 2003- 2004...NO WAY
That issue has to "settle down" and its going to mean another 35% I'm afraid
All buyers ....offer low All sellers ....Take it ....ITS A DEAL

Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM

36 posts, read 116,931 times
Del Mar is great! Although, the traffic is unbearable on the Coastal Hwy (101) during rush hours AND don't forget about when the Fairgrounds are open...

Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,118,979 times
Surfer619says "Uh, I don't know what the heck you have been reading but they are most certainly NOT more expensive than La Jolla or RSF (even when considering square footage)."
Sorry I'm completely correct and follow closely. There are roughly 1200 households in RSF at present 375 listings ...roughly Thats every 3-4 houses for sale and will sell
for 30% of listing.
Del Mar is by far the most expensive per square foot including the falling La Jolla and RSF in all of SD all the way to Emerald Bay. Check the listings man, and instead of being rude like alot of people on here when I am factually correct and saying mean things I will simply suggest that when you have time if you are keen on this check with on line realty sites and you will see "Del Mar is absolutely most exclusive in all aspects, its as simple as that. See listings up to a staggering 75mil including a beachfront with a mere 2800sqft for ...50mil Have a nice day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego