Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM

16 posts, read 61,928 times

Advertisements

I posted a thread awhile about about how I'm having trouble adjusting to San Deigo. Here's a link to it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-d...-thinking.html

I'm wondering if I move to a different neighborhood, I might have better luck enjoying myself and meeting people here. I'm considering ocean beach, little italy, mission hills, or pb (somewhere away from the rift raff like crown point or north pb). Can you give me your thoughts and impressions of these areas? Do you think any of these areas would fit the bill based on the observations I made in my previous thread? Currently I live in a quiet neighborhood in cortez hill and have not had any success meeting neighbors or enjoying the neighborhood. I hate the gaslamp. I also have been told that places further north would be a better fit (i.e., Encinitas) but that would be too far of a commute for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
I read your older posts. I don't think OB is what you are looking for. Have you been to Mission Hills / Hillcrest ? What do you think about that area?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:17 PM

16 posts, read 61,928 times
Sassberto,

Mission Hills is very nice but also very residential. Not a whole lot of vibe there. Hillcrest has more vibe but isn't this a predominately gay neighborhood? Would a single straight female have a hard time fighting in there?

What about quiet areas of PB (crown point, north pb, bird rock) or the village of la jolla? What about Encinitas or Solana Beach if I was willing to suck up the commute?

Old 01-19-2009, 04:40 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summertime25 View Post
Sassberto,

Mission Hills is very nice but also very residential. Not a whole lot of vibe there. Hillcrest has more vibe but isn't this a predominately gay neighborhood? Would a single straight female have a hard time fighting in there?

What about quiet areas of PB (crown point, north pb, bird rock) or the village of la jolla? What about Encinitas or Solana Beach if I was willing to suck up the commute?
There is a lot of non-gay activities in Hillcrest but also you would have access to downtown and Little Italy too. The other areas you mentioned are more centered around beach activities. Village of La Jolla would be a good option for you as well.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 21,680 times
We live in OB and really enjoy the laid back attitude, no one judges anyone, nice beach, decent restaurants and good music and dancing.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:37 PM

117 posts, read 340,665 times
I'm 24 and live in Mission Valley. I absolutely love it!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:44 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
What is it about Encinitas or Solana Beach that you think would appeal to you?

Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 8,236 times
I split my time between Vegas and O.B. Vegas fry's my brain and Ocean Beach gets me back to a normal relaxed state. I suggest you stay at the Ocean Beach hotel for a few days. Rent or bring a bike, and cruise around. Check out the whole area. It's a very live and let live area. Not to many pretentious A$$#@*$. Not the same old cookie cutter neighborhoods that the rest of the area is becoming. As far as drugs and alcohol that exist from San Diego to Vancouver, and O.B. is certainly no worse that other towns and cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego