Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:31 PM

489 posts, read 1,956,232 times

Advertisements

As much as I like the weather, I'll admit I'm one of the oddballs who didn't move here for the weather. I love the area/city itself and truthfully would still live here in a SanFran style climate too--Seattle no--SanFran yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 09:56 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
These winter heat waves happen each year & every year we either complain or love it. There is a possibility of rain later next week if all goes well in the atmosphere. But the National Weather Service issued the forecast for drought conditions this winter & California is ground zero Board Message

Old 01-15-2009, 10:20 PM

284 posts, read 1,016,418 times
You must be referring to seasonal depression. I think it would be pretty hard for anyone to avoid that back east this year! I feel so blessed to get out in time because I was really dreading winter this year more than ever and felt very motivated to leave ASAP. Still, I have to thank God for opening the doors necessary to make it happen.

Oh, and I know just what you mean about cold, gray winters and then hot, humid summers. Barely any San Diego days, but last summer was particularly pleasant where I'm from so when I moved out here in late Sept. it seemed the summer never really ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDeb View Post
I think I suffer from that disorder when you feel depressed when it isn't sunny. That is why I moved here. You have to remember that back east, its not just the cold that I hated, its that everything is gray. From the sky to the grass, the trees, everything is gray. For months. Then in the summer it is so humid you cannot breathe outside. There are only like 7 "San Diego" days a year. I know we need rain but what we also need to do is figure out how to capture the rain we do get instead of letting it run off.

I pray that there will be no major fires but I have to admit I love the sun.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
It's not too bad over here in the Tokyo area. Highs in the 40's and lows in the 30's is about as cold as it gets here. Sure it's not San Diego, but still way better off than New York, Chicago, Minnesota, etc. So have you guys been having a dry winter? I liked the winters in San Diego when there was a good rainstorm about once or twice a week, bringing the season total to 10 or more inches, and everything gets a lush green color.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:50 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
It's not too bad over here in the Tokyo area. Highs in the 40's and lows in the 30's is about as cold as it gets here. Sure it's not San Diego, but still way better off than New York, Chicago, Minnesota, etc. So have you guys been having a dry winter? I liked the winters in San Diego when there was a good rainstorm about once or twice a week, bringing the season total to 10 or more inches, and everything gets a lush green color.
Actually we're above normal so far, about around 150% of normal for the season so far and its relatively green and 'lush'. BUT the past two years have been dry so overall we're still down and NEED the rain, like we usually do. But like winters past it can start out wet and end up bone dry, hopefully that won't happen but if this current pattern continues that's not a good sign. Hopefully Feb and Mar will be at least normal, Jan looks like its going to end really dry.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,474,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Just read this article about the current weather around the country ...

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

New York will feel below zero.

Chicago will reach a high of zero ... with windchill 40 below.

And mid-January here in San Diego ... it's in the mid 80's and brilliant sunshine all week long !!!

Don't you just love winters here !!!
I hate you.

KIDDING!!! Yes, I am in the "Chicago" bracket. Right now it's warming up it's only minus -5 degrees! Our low was -19 last night and with the wind chill it was -45. Flesh will freeze in less than 6 minutes at this rate.
My brothers car is dead. My GF's car is dead. All the schools are closed, but hey the SUN is shining!!! BTW, what exactly good is the sun at these temps? Still don't understand how these people can be optimistic when your snot freezes in your nose going from the car to the house.

A hot cup of coffee turns to ice in about 10 min.

Our high today is ZERO (0) yes, ZERO as in nothing.

Be very happy and feel very fortunate life has let you live in sunny California. Once I'm done with college I'm outta here forever.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:24 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I hate you.

KIDDING!!! Yes, I am in the "Chicago" bracket. Right now it's warming up it's only minus -5 degrees! Our low was -19 last night and with the wind chill it was -45. Flesh will freeze in less than 6 minutes at this rate.
My brothers car is dead. My GF's car is dead. All the schools are closed, but hey the SUN is shining!!! BTW, what exactly good is the sun at these temps? Still don't understand how these people can be optimistic when your snot freezes in your nose going from the car to the house.

A hot cup of coffee turns to ice in about 10 min.

Our high today is ZERO (0) yes, ZERO as in nothing.

Be very happy and feel very fortunate life has let you live in sunny California. Once I'm done with college I'm outta here forever.
Hmmm.... Iced Coffee! I realize that wasn't what you meant ... but it sounds delicious!

Below is a picture of San Diego from today, January 16th.

This is what you can look forward to during the winter if you move to San Diego!

Old 01-16-2009, 06:51 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,889,151 times
I miss the days when Lauren Nancarrow would say on my TV "We have the best weather in the country". I really don't know what is worse: never living in SD and wishing for nice weather or lived there then had to move to crappy weather.
BTW, its 15 here

Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 PM

45 posts, read 194,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
I miss the days when Lauren Nancarrow would say on my TV "We have the best weather in the country". I really don't know what is worse: never living in SD and wishing for nice weather or lived there then had to move to crappy weather.
BTW, its 15 here
Lived there and then had to move....definitely worse! It was 12 here today and it snowed a bit...which I actually like, but not this cold! Sure wish I was back there, if only until spring.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Below is a picture of San Diego from today, January 16th.
Beautiful shot, RD! Where exactly was it taken?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego