U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 PM

6,664 posts, read 28,594,923 times

Advertisements

Wow, the system is working.

The ticket is likely $200 each offence.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-16-2009, 09:38 PM

2,176 posts, read 8,662,059 times
Pay the ticket. Learn from it, go on with life.
The one thing I hope you learn is TO NOT REACH UNDER THE SEAT when a cop is approaching you or even stopping you.
His first thoughts will be you may be reaching for a weapon or trying to hide something illegal. That can make a normal traffic stop turn into something much more unpleasent.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM

16,799 posts, read 36,618,220 times
Welcome to the school of life. The lessons learned here will stay with you forever. Hopefully, for your sake.

And for our sake, with that gd-sob loud music.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,710,685 times
Default mr. ticket

It sucks to be young and to have trouble with the law. Try Mr. Ticket. Google him.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,334,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I'm glad to hear that SDPD actually isssues tickets to kids who blast their stereos! There is nothing more self-centered and anti-social than some jerk bumping his stupid bass in a residential neighborhood.

Be a man, pay your ticket and wise up!
Agreed......I can't stand people who blast there music for everyone else to hear !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 08:16 PM

553 posts, read 2,220,174 times
Well I have mixed feelings on this one. We can all point the finger at Zefyr about you shouldn't do this or shouldn't do that. Reality is most of us have done everything Zefyr has done in our youth. If you haven't then go do it and live a little. I did a lot worse than that at 17 years old. (Except removing the seat belt...geez!)
I think the ticket is a fair price for the lesson, I mean school costs money right?

To answer your question, if you have the time show up to court on your court date....deny everything. If the police officer isn't there you might win. If he/she is there, you are screwed and be prepared to pay.

Do I think you should be blasting your music loud? No, personally I hate it especially when it wakes up my baby who just fell asleep in the car seat after screaming her head off for 10 minutes because she is tired. Do I think taking your seat belt off was a good idea? NO, I agree with everyone else...you are REALLY lucky you weren't shot. And speeding ... well ... I am in no position to point the finger unless I am standing in the mirror.
If you win, good for you let this be a cheap lesson. If you lose let this be an expensive lesson. If you kill someone because of this behavior while driving...well I won't go there.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:31 PM

16,433 posts, read 20,680,417 times
Seems like you had a valuable life lesson at a comparatively low cost. Respect for authority will save you a lot of grief over the years. I agree with the other posters that you were fortunate not to be shot. The Police do not know what kind of person they are stopping or how dangerous they may be. There is a lot of tension in our society today.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 AM

4,883 posts, read 7,779,864 times
My suggestion is in the future don't speed, wear your seat belt, and turn your stereo down.

BTW if the cop wrote you up for going 32 in a 25 zone then you were probably going 40 as every cop reduces the speed on the ticket just so they can tell the judge "He was clocked doing X mph and I wrote him up for X-Y mph" just so the judge finds them reasonable and thus convictions are much more likely.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:45 AM

1,627 posts, read 2,958,229 times
I would try to fight your ticket on the seat belt, that was a honest mistake.

I was driving in CA several years ago and my husband was not wearing a seat belt and we were pulled over. The fine was $65 back then.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:57 AM

77,808 posts, read 94,303,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
My suggestion is in the future don't speed, wear your seat belt, and turn your stereo down.

BTW if the cop wrote you up for going 32 in a 25 zone then you were probably going 40 as every cop reduces the speed on the ticket just so they can tell the judge "He was clocked doing X mph and I wrote him up for X-Y mph" just so the judge finds them reasonable and thus convictions are much more likely.
you know everyone seems to believe his story about having his seatbelt on and he took it off before the cop got to the window, my guess? 17 years old, music blasting and speeding, he didn't have his seatbelt on either. I think you are probably seeing this the way I do..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: