Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:50 PM

28 posts, read 38,098 times

Advertisements

Its been a few years since I lived there. Can anybody tell me what its like to live there? I don't Carlsbad has changed, its probably still nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 PM

28 posts, read 38,098 times
Oh yeah what about Santee?

Old 06-25-2006, 06:33 PM

19 posts, read 280,917 times
Carlsbad has experienced some well thought (planned) growth in the pass 10 years. Oceanside is doing well too.

Go to

removed

Last edited by Marka; 06-26-2006 at 02:01 AM..

Old 06-26-2006, 09:27 AM

59 posts, read 649,310 times
I don 't live in Carlsbad but I do work there. As a lot of parts in San Diego it has grown. There are probably parts of Carlsbad that have changed so much that you wont recognize them. But down buy the ocean driving on highway 101 that hasn't really changed at all. It's still a great drive. A little more inland between Oceanside and Carlsbad and San Marcos and Carlsbad there has been a pretty large building boom with a lot of Business parks sprouting up especially around Palomar Airport. In fact Palomar Airport road has really changed in the last few years and traffic is a factor during the rush hours.

Sorry Can't help you with Santee but I bet that has changed to, just not as much as Carlsbad.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM

17 posts, read 321,521 times
Smile Downtown Oceanside

Hi - I live near the pier in re-developed downtown Oceanside and cannot say enough about how great it is. It does get crowded in the summer but Oceanside is such an "alive" place. When I first moved to the coast from Escondido (inland) about 10 years ago I thought I wanted to live in Carlsbad, but am so glad I ended up in O'side. Carlsbad is nice, but a little snooty for my taste. Both areas are very expensive, prices have really shot up in the last three or four years. All in all both are great places to live. Don't know much about Santee except that it's very hot in the summer. Good luck.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM

8 posts, read 36,686 times
hi,
I just returned from SD. I am moving there as soon as I sell my home in DC. I looked Oceanside, a little in Vista and in Carlsbad. I think Oceanside will give me almost all that I want...but I don't know what part of O'side is good and which I should avoid. Any feedback will be great! my top price is 500k for a single family home.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:42 PM

181 posts, read 891,860 times
I am not sure when was the last time you were in santee...but it has changed a lot in the past 10 years. Santee used to have a really bad rep. Nobody wanted to go there because there was nothing there. Just a thrift store, some lumber yards...and wasnt there a costco?? anyway its built up up a lot since then. There is a whole new town area with a lot of shops and stores. And more familys live there now because housing is cheaper. (relatively speaking of course.)

Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 PM

181 posts, read 891,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBell View Post
hi,
I just returned from SD. I am moving there as soon as I sell my home in DC. I looked Oceanside, a little in Vista and in Carlsbad. I think Oceanside will give me almost all that I want...but I don't know what part of O'side is good and which I should avoid. Any feedback will be great! my top price is 500k for a single family home.
We were looking at homes in oceanside about 6 months ago. And we did find some family homes for around that price. They were small, and needed a little work...but overall not too bad. I think you should be able to find something is that range as long as you are not too picky.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 AM

17 posts, read 93,797 times
Default You can get a great deal in O'side for 500K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBell View Post
hi,
500K will go far in O'side - lots of choices. I'd check out the area around Guajome Park, just off the 76. The park itself is gorgeous (there's a lake and lots of serenity) and it's only 4 or 5 miles from the coast. There are communities surrounding the park on the south and north side of 76 (i think the area on the north side is called Spring Creek) that are residential, not "cookie cutter" homes, but also close to shopping. Your money will go far in these areas. I really think it's San Diego's best kept secret.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,389,493 times
Carlsbad- good schools and a fast track to good colleges for kids. Not so much with Oceanside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego