Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 12:34 PM

3 posts, read 13,471 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm new to San Diego and trying to set up a date.

I'm looking for a Coffee Shop that is in walking distance to the beach. Anyone know any? I tried La Jolla, but it seems that there is no real beach to walk on.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 02:37 PM

117 posts, read 340,665 times
There is a Starbucks right across the street from the beach off of Grand Ave. near Ralphs. That is if you want Starbucks. I'm not sure about any local coffee shops. There's the 976 cafe that sells coffee but a several blocks from the beach.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 PM

190 posts, read 704,459 times
Ocean Beach, Mission Beach and Pacific Beach are all areas with "real beaches" that you can walk on that has their commercial areas very close to, or right by the beach.

I know OB has at least two coffee shops within one block of the beach(Newport Break and something else, I forget). There's always starbucks two blocks or so away on the main drag, Newport Avenue.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:44 PM

95 posts, read 388,563 times
I dont kmow about coffee shop but the Poseidon in del mar IS on the sand literally. You can eat on the patio and hop the fence over the patio and land on the beach sand.You can whale watch while u eat.Its the only restaurant on the beach sand I know of. They do have some breakfast items but they dont open till 11am I think,when I worked there lots of people would just sit on the patio and order drinks or appetizers and enjoy dining on the beach.I heard they remodeled it so its probably a lot nicer than when I worked there.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:13 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,850,841 times
There are lots of little coffee shops walking distance from the beach in North County.
Java Depot on 101 in Solana Beach, the Stratford Court Cafe in Del Mar, the Pannikin in Leucadia, Swami's Cafe in Encinitas are just a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego