Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 11:54 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
The downtown area is downright dirty and disgusting anymore with homeless addicts roaming the streets and practically taking over.
Encinitas is much nicer than Santa Cruz. It is liberal but not full of hippy / weirdos like SC.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:02 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,295 times
That is exactly what we are looking for; liberal, but with less weirdos. We have close friends who live in Encinitas, but they want to move to Northern California. I keep trying to tell them to stay put! We just can't get on board with the "Keep Santa Cruz weird" bumper sticker slogans. We're liberal, but we aren't weird.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:31 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,151,633 times
Coastal La Jolla is liberal, north La Jolla towards the university (including UTC) is very liberal, Soledad Mountain is somewhat moderate but nowhere near as flaming red as Poway or Rancho Santa Fe:

election08.png (image)

Old 03-31-2009, 12:56 PM

961 posts, read 2,566,295 times
Great map! Thanks so much for posting it.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:32 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,738,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynetarzana View Post
Great map! Thanks so much for posting it.
Ditto

Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
The thing about the school district in La Jolla is that they bus in the gangbangers from other parts of the city; at least that's what they used to do.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:49 PM

113 posts, read 343,603 times
" I'm finding Santa Cruz too chilly and a bit too dirty hippie for our taste. So we are considering San Diego again as a place to raise our children."

Couldn't agree with you more! Great Observations! Excellent description!

"The downtown area is downright dirty and disgusting anymore with homeless addicts roaming the streets and practically taking over."

You could say this about the majority of the cities in the Northern California area! For whatever reason homlessness is a plague up there, and worsens by the day.

I don't know much about school systems, but La Jolla has UCSD, which encourages liberal thinking to some degree and seems like a very nice area. I don't understand why liberalism is a big concern for you, could you elaborate? I grew up in Point Loma in San Diego which has quite few conservative older people, but it didn't affect my politics. I consider myself a moderate liberal, more liberal when it comes to social issues.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forker View Post
" I'm finding Santa Cruz too chilly and a bit too dirty hippie for our taste. So we are considering San Diego again as a place to raise our children."

Couldn't agree with you more! Great Observations! Excellent description!

"The downtown area is downright dirty and disgusting anymore with homeless addicts roaming the streets and practically taking over."

You could say this about the majority of the cities in the Northern California area! For whatever reason homlessness is a plague up there, and worsens by the day.

I don't know much about school systems, but La Jolla has UCSD, which encourages liberal thinking to some degree and seems like a very nice area. I don't understand why liberalism is a big concern for you, could you elaborate? I grew up in Point Loma in San Diego which has quite few conservative older people, but it didn't affect my politics. I consider myself a moderate liberal, more liberal when it comes to social issues.
Good points but I have been reading the OPS saga about trying to find a place where her family will feel comfortable and I believe she prefers an area that is totally liberal. Point Loma would not fit the bill. She wants her two children to be around other kids who come from very liberal families. Yes, UCSD neighborhoods would be close to what she in looking for, but UCSD is not nearly as liberal as some of the UC campuses (spelling?) Doesn't look right. OH well.

Nita

Old 04-08-2009, 11:02 AM

106 posts, read 643,307 times
Wink school

Goodmoring all,

I am looking into the Poway school district.But I'm finding housing a bit high for our budget.Can someone help and give me some information on other schools,with housing being a little cheaper.
If Poway is #1 what would be #2 and #3.
Thank you in advance.
Jennifer

Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 AM

106 posts, read 643,307 times
sorry,

Goodmorning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego