Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:12 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I just wanted your take on SD's "STILL" conservative Media news stations.
For instance yesterday on channel 7 NBC I saw an commercial for conservative talk KOGO radio, and the DJ was kinda making fun of Obama for saying "57 States" and talking about some bailout junk in the sand. IT was an overall negative ad towards Obama.
KFMB news 8 also advertises 760 AM, which is another conservative talk radio show. I mean with SD being more Democratic in all, why don't we have more options for Liberal Talk radio or Local Media wanting to adapt to change?
Seriously it annoys the hell out of me when I see these commercials, (it's like they're coming on more and more) because they are so deceiving. I mean 760 is home to conservative extremist Rush, Hannity, whie KOGO is home to the other freak Rodger "Build the fence because I hate Mexicans" hedgecock.

When will SD finally get some liberal stuff. I really don't understand it. Maybe it's because mostly old people listen to talk radio? The UT is still conservative, the only outlet for libs is City Beat

How do you guys feel about SD's media outlet? Is it extremely conservative, balanced, or what?

Another station that seems very conservative is Cox channel 4, they run religious programs time to time ( nothing against religion), especially on Sundays, and overall has this feel of boring conservativeness, they also play a lot of old TV shows from way back, like "Leave it to Beaver". I have noticed that channel 4 has teamed up with NBC 7 because I see channel 4 personal, doing news stories for them.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:40 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
you can always turn the dail.....

Old 04-15-2009, 06:44 AM

3 posts, read 9,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze823 View Post
you can always turn the dail.....
what's a dail?

Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 AM

4,539 posts, read 12,404,526 times
Personally, I think no good will come of this thread. If we are going to talk about the state of our local media, and use phrases like "the other freak Rodger "Build the fence because I hate Mexicans" hedgecock" we might as well remove the admonition to only discuss immigration in the Politics & Other Controversies Forum. And then yes, I would change the 'dail', and 'dail' out City-Data.

Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
what's a dail?
lol, well if you can't find the dail, then try the dial...rofl, I saw that but didn't feel like editing but you called me out

Old 04-15-2009, 07:10 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,770,445 times
That was funny

Old 04-15-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
That was funny

I haven't had my coffee yet, still brewin so my fingers and brain are a little rusty,lol....it's early out there on the west coast!

Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 AM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,340 times
There is little liberal talk radio for 2 reasons:
1. It gets bad ratings.
2. Liberals have the major media ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, Nearly all major newspapers, Time, Newsweek. The liberals dont need radio outlets when they control the rest of the media.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 AM

982 posts, read 1,100,223 times
Is San Diego mostly Dem? I thought San Diego (as a whole) was pretty conservative at the polls?

Good for someone calling out Obama. Lord knows (there's that pesky GOD!!) they did it to George Bush every time he opened his mouth!!

I agree - the libs have most every television station, and they've tried liberal radio - no one listens.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
What is the big deal? It's just a commercial for something you don't have to watch or listen to. Do you think the media should only cater to liberals or one specific group of people that all share the same ideology and viewpoint on life? Where is the diversity in that? It's so damn annoying when people who only see crap as "liberal this" or "conservative that" and complain about an opposing viewpoint being presented.

If you don't like what is on TV or the radio then don't watch or listen to it, its as simple as that.

And there are very few liberal talk shows/radio anywhere in this country b/c they do not do well, even in more liberal areas. Have you ever hear liberal radio? It is BORING. It's like that SNL skit about NPR radio "The Delicious Dish", just a bunch of boring people with no passion or anything. The reason, imo, conservative radio does so good b/c it plays off people's emotions and gets people pumping their fist in the air with all the BS rhetoric they spew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: