Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 AM

17 posts, read 40,213 times

Advertisements

So my roommates and I are searching for a last roommate so we can get a house together. I've been posting for what seems like FOREVER and I need more places to look. Any suggestions???

I've posted on craiglist, The Rock Church, roommate2go, sublet.com, and san diego backpage....

Are there other local online places to post?? Or some local newspaper or something??

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 09:15 AM

982 posts, read 1,099,665 times
You can post here on the renting forum or the classifieds forum.

Give me details. I have two college aged kids (23 and 20) and they have tons of friends. I can pass the info on to them and they can post at their college. Are you on Facebook?

Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,930 times
Craig's list.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM

129 posts, read 473,536 times
Try the Reader.

The Pennysaver is very good also.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM

17 posts, read 40,213 times
Thanks ya'll!!!

And Ms Fancy Pants (love the name by the way) thank you SOOOO much! The details are a little up in the air right now since the number of roommates & what they can afford depends on the house we get. However, here's the details on a house I just looked at today and loved:

In Tierrasanta (we're looking for laid-back, QUIET, low-key roommies!). It's a 2-story house with a POOL and great patio area, 2-car garage & driveway, 4bed/2.5 bath, AWESOME kitchen, fireplace in the living room, 2 dining areas for $2500/month + $2500 deposit (though this can be paid in 2 installments), AC plus an awesome breeze upstairs where all teh bedrooms are when the windows are just left open.

We need 2 more people (girls or guys) to have their OWN room at only $500...granted, the rooms aren't huge, BUT that's a great price for a nice neighborhood and a private pool...and there's a basketball hoop We do need help with the deposit as well...probably $500 each person.

Thanks again and let me know if anyone is interested!! My facebook is under Jacquie (or Jacqueline) Warner -on the SD, Bethel MN, Liberty University, and University of Maryland networks...I've been to a few schools jacmft@gmail.com

Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 PM

982 posts, read 1,099,665 times
Jackie,
Can you join SDSU, Cal State San Marcos, UCSD, Palomar, and maybe San Diego Community College District communities too so they'll see your ad?

I will email to my kids and have them post it on campus. One is at Palomar and one at CSUSM.

BTW, that is pretty reasonable. My daughter pays 500/mo and has 5 other roommates. My son pays 500/mo in Temecula and has three roommates. My daughter's doesn't have a pool or anything. But the house is HUGE. So you sound like you're right on target rent-wise.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego