Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 AM

2 posts, read 55,967 times

Advertisements

Boose,

Also, could you tell me where you found the Municiple code that you linked above? I am trying to find Chapter 10, article 1, where it explains under what circumstances you MAY live in a recreational vehicle in San Diego County.

Thanks, Chryss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 AM

418 posts, read 1,311,763 times
My dream was always to live in a van down by the river. And by god, I lived my dream following the warm weather for a year and a half back in the day. After many years however, my dream has grown. Instead of a van by the river, I now want a mobile home in a park with a pool.

Old 03-12-2011, 03:12 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware_of_Dog View Post
My dream was always to live in a van down by the river. And by god, I lived my dream following the warm weather for a year and a half back in the day. After many years however, my dream has grown. Instead of a van by the river, I now want a mobile home in a park with a pool.
There are multiple RV parks in SD that allow living in them even more if you go to Escondido and other areas.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:37 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickers View Post
You live in Hillcrest and you are asking about regs for the city ? Why would you check the COUNTY website. Try Jacumba. You should know better !
This is the dumbest post I've ever read.
How rude. Did you just post for the sake of posting, or just post for the sake of being a jerk? Either way you're not contributing anything.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:44 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
How rude. Did you just post for the sake of posting, or just post for the sake of being a jerk? Either way you're not contributing anything.
I'm with you Jenkay!

Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM

26 posts, read 105,005 times
I'm looking into living on a friends driveway in the East County. I have a few friends in mind
one in Santee, another in El Cajon, and another in Lakeside.

I assume there is a fine, because the fine in the city of SD is $1000 a day.

One should think in these hard ( hardening, for sure ) times, that these codes would be not enforced.
A friend of mine is losing her home, if she lives in her driveway, she can rent her whole home, and survive her bout with unemployment.

Rickers... behave yourself lol

Old 03-16-2011, 04:36 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbe nimble View Post
One should think in these hard ( hardening, for sure ) times, that these codes would be not enforced.
Just the opposite. The cities are as desperate for money as everyone else.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:00 PM

26 posts, read 105,005 times
I noted the lovelies downtown and in Sacramento are targeting our money, via Highway patrol, but seriously even the code complaint situations are sharpening their fangs?
At some point there WILL be a reaction to this. When the economy reaches a point that a home owner is about to lose their home, and it occurs to them that they can live in their RV ( Ah, for those halcyon days of extra cash for toys ) in THEIR driveway, and receive rent for their home.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,690 times
Boose, its pretty upsetting when I think of how much money I spend on mortgage and taxes, yet there is so much I cant do with my own property and my own self for that matter. Frankly, I push as far as I can- before goats were legal, I had 2, and up to 12 laying hens. I have a big property, just under 1 acre, a country feel for being in the city.
Bring your trailer/tiny house here! Ive been trying to find someone to rent extra land to for a while...

Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooDadd87 View Post
Bring your trailer/tiny house here! Ive been trying to find someone to rent extra land to for a while...
Any room for me?! Please inbox me! I'm looking for a tiny piece of heaven for a tiny home....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego