Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,557,835 times

Advertisements

I live in Chula vista.I like the size(250,000 people)
I'm more fond of larger cities than small town-ish cities because they have more to offer.
Just wish there was more "life" but that goes for San Diego as a whole.Really laid back/small town feel and I'm def not a fan of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM

117 posts, read 339,777 times
I love Mission Valley. Not too far from the beach, not too far from the Mission Trails park. Tons of shopping around where I live. Easy access to the freeways. Pretty much in the center. Close to the stadium as well.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:37 PM

105 posts, read 337,437 times
Bay Park is the best place I've lived so far (out of CV, Sherman Heights, Solana Beach and now Hillcrest), but that's factoring in being 33, not 23. There is not a lot of action in Bay Park, but it is very close to a lot of things, and the neighborhoods are quiet without being cookie cutter/suburban-like. If I were 23 again, and accessibility were not a factor, I would choose PB all the way. Now I just go there to people watch and as a reminder of how much cooler and more interesting me and my friends were at age twenty-something.

I'm moving to Oceanside (for work) next week, just south of the San Luis Rey river, about 5 miles from the ocean. Not my first choice of places to live, but the job is good and I like the 'real town' feel of Oceanside compared to other nearby coastal cities.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:10 PM

387 posts, read 2,126,794 times
I live in Solana Beach, and I love living near the ocean! Many people don't like the sleepy "bedroom community" feel, but I don't mind. I have everything I need down the street, and everything else is just a short drive away.

I lived in Carmel Valley and UTC before I moved here. Carmel Valley was boring and a long drive to get to anywhere I needed to be. UTC was close to everything, and was a great place to live while my significant other and I were in college. We are both glad to be away from that environment now that we've graduated - there were plenty of families and children, but the majority of our apartment complex consisted of college students... duh!

Anyway, I love Solana Beach and wouldn't mind settling down here eventually.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 AM

53 posts, read 374,160 times
Have lived in Hillcrest near Balboa Park, Coronado Cays and am now in Gird Valley, the east side of Fallbrook and it is, by far, the best neighborhood. The weather can't be beat and the views over the Fallbrook Golf Club are great, especially facing west where you also see the sunsets. East of Gird Road is in the Bonsall School District which is important for families with kids. You say you have 4 so take a look at 2927 Lakemont. Big house, under $450k. Good luck!

Old 05-12-2009, 01:40 PM

745 posts, read 1,563,503 times
I have lived in four different areas in San Diego County: Poway, San Marcos, Rancho Bernardo and Rolando Park. I enjoyed Poway for the great schools and lovely hillsides. I enjoyed RB for the same. San Marcos was okay but never felt special to me. Rolando Park I like because it has that aged character, is down in the city, and closer to the beach than my previous SD County homes. My current neighborhood, Rolando Park, has more unkempt homes than any neighborhood I have ever lived, but I don't care, I still love it here. It is friendly, peaceful and quiet (especially considering we are right in the city), within easy distance of the city's amenities and has an active community group. In no time at all we are at the beach, Balboa Park, the symphony, Fashion Valley and yet we feel tucked away and private up on our little canyon top.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,908,991 times
As much as I know some like the knock the area because of its "lack of character," I really enjoy living in Mission Valley. Close to shopping, freeways, and pretty much everything else. My neighborhood is quiet and new...albeit a little sterile.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,939,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Sometime it's just better to let people have their misconceptions, as silly as they may be.
Wise words. Easier for me said than done.

Pt.Loma/OB love. Being on the penisula, it never gets hot and I always have a breeze. The beaches, cliffs and sunsets are all accessible. Almost zero franchises. Got Pho, Greek, Thai, Wine&Cheese, Burgers, Fish Tacos, Bangers and Mash, breakfast joints, a tamale lady, a farmers market, organic food-coop, and I think SD's only hotdog cart. Entertainment wise, we have live comedy, live music and a bunch of bars; a little something for everyone. The beach is close enough to drag my board out for a dawn patrol. Flat enough to cruise my bike around. But distanced enough that I don't have to deal with the summer foot traffic or parking problems. Plus there's a whole interesting cast of characters over here. And I am close to everything that's important to me.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,514,845 times
It just goes to show you that there is something for everyone in San Diego!

I love this town.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,376,289 times
I live in North County (suburban) and I love it. I love the safeness, the proximity to everything, the weather, the surfing, and all of the cool beach towns (each is very distinctive). I will never move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego