Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 8,379 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to SD this summer and my office will be in Escondido near the intersection of 15 & 78. I've been told the best nearby schools are in Carlsbad & Poway, and am considering Carlsbad for its location closer to the water.

That said, what are the best elementary & middle schools? I have 2 girls in 2nd & 5th grades and want to find a neighberhood where they can attend great schools, is safe and family-focused.

I'm starting my new job in the next few weeks , so I need to find a rental ASAP. I plan to buy after I get a good feel of the area. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 11:40 PM

384 posts, read 976,733 times
When I was looking to move to that area, I tried to find a place in the boundaries of Hope elementary: Parent Reviews of Hope Elementary School - Carlsbad, California - CA , because it had good scores and sounded great. Pioneer Days! Doesn't that sound fun? If you look at the schools in the Carlsbad district on the Great Schools website you'll get a lot of information.
If you want to live closer to Escondido, Bernardo Elementary is very highly rated. It's in the southern part near Lake Hodges and gorgeous Felicita Park. Most other parts of Escondido are undesirable, though. And Escondido is much hotter in the summer than Carlsbad. But the Felicita area of Escondido has interesting older homes with MUCH bigger yards than you'll find in Carlsbad, which is full of newer tract homes with tiny yards.
Janine

Old 06-20-2009, 09:40 AM

2 posts, read 8,379 times
Thank you Janine! I'm looking at Hope & a couple of La Costa schools.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:36 PM

788 posts, read 1,869,618 times
Carrillo Elementary School (part of UCSD)

I was one of the first students to attend and it was the most amazing school I had ever been to.
Teachers are great, there is a lot of parent involvement, and the kids are incredibly intelligent.
Out of my 5th grade class of about 30 kids, 3 went to berkeley, 2 went to ucla, i think about 2 went to ucsd, 1 is at usc and another at duke and I was accepted to cornell. Im not sure about the other, i lost track of them...
But the point is that SMUSD and the Carrillo staff really set us up to succeed.

Couldnt have done it without them. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego