Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM

8 posts, read 12,471 times

Advertisements

We moved to Oceanside from Sacramento to get away from the expanding russian community. We were in the North Highlands area at the time. We heard and read how nice Oceanside was and the price was good... but 4yrs later wow...

Now we hear nightly fights, police sirens, police wandering the complex...
Most of it tied to the latino community and the military families going out and being loud / drunk / stupid (20 - 32 age range families).

We cant take it and trying to move out to someplace just quieter. I read Chula Vista bonita hights was recommended but my roommate has to be able to walk or take the bus to walmart for his job. Ontop of that we're big comic book fans and Japanese anime... oceanside has no 'real' bookstores.

Can anyone recommend any current low crime areas to look at that are near a walmart? We just want to work, go home, play games and visit the occasional decent mall and comic store.

Have you seen what they call a 'mall' in oceanside!!???
It's more like a home for the homeless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 PM

256 posts, read 736,462 times
move a little farther south to Carlsbad. A world of difference

Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,477,668 times
You moved all the way from Sacramento to get away from "the Russian community"? And you picked Oceanside? I smell troll.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:39 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
They love anime, Wal-Mart... and hate Russians. lmao

Old 06-18-2009, 04:01 AM

8 posts, read 12,471 times
Actually in North Highlands the russian community was expanding to such a degree the local walmart was actually making it part of preferential hiring if you spoke the language. I used to work there till I moved to San Diego and got another job with a nicer company.

And we dont like Walmart but my roommate works there and they dont own a car so they have to walk or take the bus...

And we dont hate but after two + years of seeing the work ethic or lack of you do get irritated. Anyways that has little bearing...

We picked oceanside because we did alot of research online and heard that the area had cleaned up. The complex's were cheaper than surrounding areas...

Oddly after the 1st year rent didnt increase then 2nd year increased 15USD, 3rd year 20USD +/- then 4th year 60USD. We're on 14 month lease each cycle... so now we're paying 1420USD a month for a 2bedroom 2bath 935ft2 apartment... and people at my job say we're being really ripped off.

I did see bonita hills had 2 bedroom 2 bath townhouses for 1300USD a month.

Thing is part of our rent is the landlord said its San Diego law you have -must have renters insurance. Oddly this fact was never told to us till we actually moved down here. thats like 40USD a month we have to pay...

Of course 'first impressions' didnt help when we moved in late night and when we got in their was no electricity on after they told us it was all turned on for us and tested

So yes we got alot of bad information on OceanSide....why i found this site and heard people here had alot of good support.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:48 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
You moved all the way from Sacramento to get away from "the Russian community"? And you picked Oceanside? I smell troll.
ditto

ditto

Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 AM

6 posts, read 18,751 times
Your friends are not giving you good advice. I grew up at the beach and just about anything from leucadia to La jolla is pretty nice. I would check out La Mesa look off Jefferson exit off the 8 freeway. It is a community with farmers market and walmart right off the 8. Do not move to far south or to Clairemont, bay park either go south on beach or go inland. Don't go to Chula Vista, IB look at the eneighborhood crime blogs. google who's in jail and look at the links for crime. avoid 92110
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego