Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,962 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm a single 24 man. Looking for a fairly young area, I'd like to get married before I'm 30 or so. May be working in Carlsbad, need a good place to live. I am thinking of either staying in north county, or commuting from northmost SD (around la jolla or so).
Safety is important for me. I can tolerate a 30 minute commute, and might even consider taking the train.
I want to live in an area with other single people, not such a settled family community.
I would also like to be around UCSD if possible to begin graduate study in a year or 2. I am looking to pay around 1-1.2k rent for a 1BR.
Any ideas, recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 AM

27 posts, read 72,392 times
I'd live in La Jolla, Del Mar, Solana Beach, or Encinitas. La Jolla & Del Mar will have the best nightlife for your age. The train runs from Solana to Carlsbad but you have to work within walking distance of the stop or it isn't very effective

Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 PM

12 posts, read 50,538 times
Default Carlsbad

LaJolla, Pacific Beach or Ocean Beach would be great but the travel is bad due to congested freways. Coaster train is great except you would have to use park and ride and closest stops to PB and LaJolla is Sorrento Valley which negates use of the train. You could try UTC area which is close to UCSD and UTC and see if there is a Coaster Connection shuttle which would get you to the Coaster station for the commute.

Northbound travel early in the morning is not a big problem from the UTC area; it's going back south that really is a problem. Used to be only after 3 PM; now it almost anytime after noon and all day on race days, fair days or everyday.

I've lived here 23 years and work the freeways so I know how it really goes as far as the commute.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 15,871 times
Dear Swafoleet,
I understand how you feel and would like to network with you.
I lived in Calrsbad last year and commuted to La Jolla, which was not bad. Solona Beach, Cardiff, Del Mar Encinitas are all closer to San Diego/La Jolla than Calrsbad. If you are looking for a qiuet are to live that is safe and to commute to San Diego, one of these smaller charming beach towns may fit the bill. Looking for a roomate. I am because housing prices are ab it exorbanant for a single person, and sharing a place with another responsible person can help lift the burden of a steep rental market in Southern Cali.
Keep in touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego