Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:40 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zassberto View Post
Oops ! Should I change my screen name ?
yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 03:30 PM

7 posts, read 10,212 times
OK, I'm going to close this screen name down and re-invent myself to avoid confusion with the moderator of a similar screen name.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Good idea!

Old 06-26-2009, 03:58 PM

7 posts, read 10,212 times
I'll come back soon with my new screen name and strt again with my questions on safe Mexico travel in these troubled times.

Sassberto, CLOSE this down now before it becomes an embarrasment.

My name is Zak Sberto. .......... Thats my real name. So I'll choose a screen name thats more original. What are the chances that the moderator's and my screen names being alike ?

Adios Till Next !

Zak

Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zassberto View Post
Ha Ha .......... This must be my baptism to the forum.
Do you have any useful Mexico travel information ?
hehe no worries

As others have stated, I wouldn't advise going to Mexico unless you're looking for trouble. I've never been to Tijuana and I'm fine by that. Go to the Las Americas Outlet mall on the border, look at the shacks on the hillsides over the other side, and say you've seen Tijuana while staying in the comfort of the USA.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:11 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvSD View Post
I wouldn't go to Mexico unless I had to. But if you really want to go visit, I would go with a Tour Group.

Bring your own bottled water, water in mexico is different and will likely give you tummy trouble. Beware of pick-pockets and purse snatchers. Tijuana restaurants and merchants who have a store front tend to be more honest since they rely on tourist money and it is their benefit to get a good reputation. Street vendors who open shop just on the street may be out to gouge you since you would never be able to locate them (again) or report them to Officials or to bus tour organizers etc.
Stay safe, don't be a victum.
I wouldn't go to Tijuana these days even with a tour group. I would (and have) gone to Tecate recently. It's about an hour inland. Park at the border and walk across and into Tecate. Less touristy than Tijuana, also. Advice about not drinking Mexico tap water is good. They do sell bottled water, though. And we've often eaten uncooked food (salad, lettuce, etc.) that came from restaurants or grocery stores with no ill effects. I'm not sure I'd trust uncooked food from a food cart, though.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:52 PM

157 posts, read 644,924 times
Mexico be all bout fun in the sun !
But becareful of the drug-dealers and gangstas.
Have yoself a nice time and come back alive.

PEECE OUT TO YA !

Old 07-02-2009, 08:14 PM

107 posts, read 338,543 times
The time to visit Mex. was 10-15 yrs. ago. The place has become a den of crime and corruption. I would not go there. Definitely not at night. And the police will not help you if you get in a jam. They are the criminals down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego