Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 AM

455 posts, read 1,117,786 times

Advertisements

What he did in the past does not condone what he did. He was a father, businessman, former Navy Seal...and serial rapist. Obviously he had many people fooled.

Nobody can say that he had some traumatic experience that "caused or triggered" him to become a rapist. There is no valid excuse to why he commited these crimes, and that he is truely a coward to commit suicide and not take the legal punishment for his crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 2,841 times
I was very close w/ "Jim" as his friends/family knew him. He told me of a traumatic situation that occured in about 1993ish. He came home from being out of town to find his then girlfriend in the shower w/ some other dude. When he told me this story at the time it was about 1999 and he was married to his wife Kari (not the girl in the shower). I could tell it was clearly a difficult thing for him to tell me, but we were like brother/sister so he told me a lot of things and I did the same w/ him. He took some of my most personal secrets w/ him to the grave. I understand the haters. If i didn't know him and only heard of what he did that made the news I would not like him either. I know of a whole different person than made the news. RIP Jim.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Hard to comprehend what could have led to this type of choice in his life...Tragic and sad....glad he's gone.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,824,429 times
This is a horrible situation that has and is affecting a lot of people, the women he brutalized, his family and friends. Let's face it, people are so F#$!ing complicated, that you really never know someone.
I'm glad he's gone! Whatever it was that he couldn't control in his mind/life was not going to allow this to end well in any case.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:02 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
This is a horrible situation that has and is affecting a lot of people, the women he brutalized, his family and friends. Let's face it, people are so F#$!ing complicated, that you really never know someone.
I'm glad he's gone! Whatever it was that he couldn't control in his mind/life was not going to allow this to end well in any case.
Was there any hx of mental illness that we know about....about this type of split personality is so rare and when hidden hard to see. Ugly.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 PM

306 posts, read 436,316 times
He made a good case for the abundant and widespread distribution of bed sheets to violent prisoners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego