Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 02:07 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are planning to visit San Diego mid August for seven days. Can you suggest a nice place to stay for two adults no children. Also what areas should we stay clear? Can you name some must see places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM

25 posts, read 113,092 times
look on craigslist if you want to rent a house/condo..they have some really great rates (better than most hotels)
i think you should definately stay downtown(including the gaslamp)/marina area if you want to see the city, shop, go to balboa park (museums and the zoo), and be close to the night life..if you want the beach you can stay in the ocean beach or mission beach area (or la jolla..but it is pricey and far from downtown)
coronado is another great choice..esp if you stay on the side close to downtown..coronado is nice, has shops and restaurants, the bay is beautiful, and its right across the bay from downtown.

if you want to stay at a hotel my husband and i stayed at the marriot on coronado island (you have to take the ferry to downtown..but the hotel had a deal where it was free if we bought breakfast, which was sooo delicious!)..the hotel isnt too cheap but it is really worth it, the staff is great, and the place is really classy and nice (they even have flamingos that live there!!)
HAVE FUN

Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 AM

111 posts, read 461,004 times
If I was to pick the top 5 places you should definitely visit while in San Diego, I would recommend:

The San Diego Zoo. It is really really much nicer than your aveage animals-in-a-cage zoo. This is a facility is 100-acres in size and houses over 4000 rare & endangered animals. You've gotta come see it. The polar bears are really cool (ha ha, get it? "cool"), Panda bears are a must see only because they are so rare.

Beaches. The beaches are SO beautiful. I recommend la Jolla Cove if you want to walk around and look at the waves crash into the sandstone cliffs. Choose La Jolla Shores if you want to frolick in the water.

Balboa park is a good place to visit. Lots of interesting architecture, almost all gardens are free, museums are not free but selected museums are free on Tuesday. Must remember to walk through Spanish Village Art Center.

Seaport Village is a quaint shopping distrcit with unique boutiques. After shopping here, you can walk along the Embarcadero which is pleasant.

Lastly, if you are into theme parks, then I suggest SeaWorld or legoland. Otherwise, if you are interesting in hiking, try Torrey Pines nature Reserve - absolutely stunning vistas. Sandstone cliffs, beach access etc.

Good luck have fun. Click this web site for photos and info:
San Diego Travel: Attractions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego