Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times

Advertisements

****PropertyADVANTAGE****Beautiful 3 bdrm in Encinitas (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/apa/1263229596.html - broken link)

this deal looks too good to be true so just wondering how so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
****PropertyADVANTAGE****Beautiful 3 bdrm in Encinitas (http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/apa/1263229596.html - broken link)

Looks like it might be a chopped up house? No red flags from the location as far as I can tell. Might want to see if it is in some stage of foreclosure though.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 PM

ya, those property advantage rentals are all over craigslist and I don't know the neighborhoods too well, but that one I posted is in Encinitas so it can't be bad. some of the property advantage prices seem normal for the areas, while others seem abnormally cheap, like the above link. What does it mean if its in some stage of foreclosure? aside from the fact that the bank has bought the home, but I mean as far as renting it, what does it mean, as I'm not in a position to buy for a long time.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,864 times
Quote:

I don't know if it's "legit," but one comment: That part of Encinitas is full of those converted houses that have been turned into multiple units. It's actually pretty rural, believe it or not, with greenhouses and flower-growing operations next to houses. You definitely want to check out the neighborhood, cuz it can be sort of sketchy up there. Good luck on your house hunting.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
I don't know if it's "legit," but one comment: That part of Encinitas is full of those converted houses that have been turned into multiple units. It's actually pretty rural, believe it or not, with greenhouses and flower-growing operations next to houses. You definitely want to check out the neighborhood, cuz it can be sort of sketchy up there. Good luck on your house hunting.
thanks for that tip!

Rural is ok if its near suburbs/city. What is "sketchy" by Encinita standards? As long as I'm not worrying about my car getting stolen for drug trafficking use through TJ, and my neighbors are cool, then I'm good .

Also, I'm a 23 year old white female, if that helps you define "sketchy" by most white female standards.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
thanks for that tip!

Rural is ok if its near suburbs/city. What is "sketchy" by Encinita standards? As long as I'm not worrying about my car getting stolen for drug trafficking use through TJ, and my neighbors are cool, then I'm good .

Also, I'm a 23 year old white female, if that helps you define "sketchy" by most white female standards.
I suppose by most standards, Encinitas "sketchy" is downright upscale. But there are areas where the properties are more run-down, older homes, converted homes carved up into apartments, cars parked in the yards, that sort of thing. Property theft is pretty much the only kind of crime there is around here, but it's not a major problem.
Knowing more about you now, I'd suggest looking for a place in downtown Encinitas (along the 101) maybe even Leucadia. It might be a better fit.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:15 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,475,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
I suppose by most standards, Encinitas "sketchy" is downright upscale. But there are areas where the properties are more run-down, older homes, converted homes carved up into apartments, cars parked in the yards, that sort of thing. Property theft is pretty much the only kind of crime there is around here, but it's not a major problem.
Knowing more about you now, I'd suggest looking for a place in downtown Encinitas (along the 101) maybe even Leucadia. It might be a better fit.
I would guess that being near agricultural operations you might find a bunch of chopped up houses used for the ag workers. that's not exactly dangerous but not something I would want to live next to either. If you check that neighborhood out in Google Street View... it is a pretty shabby little hood, I would say there are more shabby houses than decent ones. Kind of a surprise to me!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I would guess that being near agricultural operations you might find a bunch of chopped up houses used for the ag workers. that's not exactly dangerous but not something I would want to live next to either. If you check that neighborhood out in Google Street View... it is a pretty shabby little hood, I would say there are more shabby houses than decent ones. Kind of a surprise to me!
That's what I mean by sketchy. Not dangerous, but just sort of run down. There are still lots of pockets of Encinitas like that, with newer million-dollar homes built just down the street.

Old 07-11-2009, 01:02 PM

thanks! you guys have been very helpful! I'm going to have to live with roommates since I cant afford my own place, so I'll keep checking out areas near encinitas like you suggested, even a little more inland is fine if it'll save me money too. I know if I shop around really well and patiently then I can find a good deal. Me and one of my friends managed to find a really good deal in the "valley" when we moved to LA (sherman oaks)..back when the economy was "good" too, so I should definitely be able to find something in a decent area of San Diego.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:33 PM

786 posts, read 3,924,814 times
I can't speak for the neighborhood or house itself but Property Advantage is a reputable company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego