Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 06:48 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,674 times

Advertisements

I know nothing about CA except that it has a high cost of living. I was just wondering if what I read was true...that the price of houses in San Diego have doubled from the past few years? Any truth to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2007, 06:52 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_eh_ND View Post
I know nothing about CA except that it has a high cost of living. I was just wondering if what I read was true...that the price of houses in San Diego have doubled from the past few years? Any truth to this?
Pretty darn true...depends where but CA has seen this in many areas, but it looks as though at this point the bubble has burst!
MBG

Old 04-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Pretty darn true...depends where but CA has seen this in many areas, but it looks as though at this point the bubble has burst!
MBG
As if houses weren't expensive enough!! WHEW!! I couldn't imagine. Although, I suppose for current home owners this is NOT a bad thing. If someone wants their house bad enough they're gonna pay for it! How do people survive? Are the jobs simply just higher paying in CA?

Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
My house doubled once between 1994 and 2000 and then again from 2000 to 2006.

Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
This is really no surprise. Look at California's population. Close to 40 million people. Everything is strained from the water supply and power grids to the highways. Why should the housing market be any different? The housing bubble may burst, but for only a short while. It will soon pickup where it left off and keep going up, up, and up.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This is really no surprise. Look at California's population. Close to 40 million people. Everything is strained from the water supply and power grids to the highways. Why should the housing market be any different? The housing bubble may burst, but for only a short while. It will soon pickup where it left off and keep going up, up, and up.
GAG!!! LOL!!! Up here, if you can see 5 cars witin 3 miles of eachother on the Interstate it's considered a traffic jam! HOLY COW!!! 40 mil??? I don't even think this state has a full million! I haven't lived a sheltered life but I must admit I am completely ignorant when it comes to highly populated cities and states. The biggest city I've ever lived in for any length of time was Calgary, Alberta, but there was only about a million when I was there. I could not imagine the traffic, cramped lifestyle, not to mention crime? How does one afford to live there? Even with a well paying job it seems ridiculously high?

Old 04-19-2007, 09:05 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,615,239 times
Quote:
? Are the jobs simply just higher paying in CA?
Yes, they are!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:19 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
Quote:
Are the jobs simply just higher paying in CA?
Not only do they pay higher, but our economy supports a very high level of specialization, especially tech, software, bio-med, and other industries with heavy concentrations in the major CA cities. Add in numerous world-class universities and you have a job market that churns out jobs paying 100k+

Old 04-19-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Not only do they pay higher, but our economy supports a very high level of specialization, especially tech, software, bio-med, and other industries with heavy concentrations in the major CA cities. Add in numerous world-class universities and you have a job market that churns out jobs paying 100k+
In other words...If I ever have a medical emergency...CA is the place to go!! Good to know!! Not to say there aren't highly qualified people in other states, but with an enconomy like that of CA...it's the place to go? I've never been there, but would like to visit someday.....would a cold northerner survive even for a short visit? Keeping in mind we need to drive 100 miles to see any kind of civilization (yes..literally)

Old 12-29-2007, 01:26 AM

80 posts, read 429,866 times
I'd love to find one of those $100k jobs that are churning out daily. The truth is that most people make much less than $100k. Which is why the .99 Only stores are always packed here. LA. and OC. pay a little more than SD. but not in every case. You will learn to stretch a dollar if you live here. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: