Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,500 times

Advertisements

So....is El Cajon anywhere near compared to PHX? basically clairemont/la jolla/serra mesa etc is Scottsdale and the rest is PHX and its surrounding areas? Moving to SD, CA in Jan '14, don't want to place my family in gang nhbr hood
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:48 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX2WACA View Post
So....is El Cajon anywhere near compared to PHX? basically clairemont/la jolla/serra mesa etc is Scottsdale and the rest is PHX and its surrounding areas? Moving to SD, CA in Jan '14, don't want to place my family in gang nhbr hood
El Cajon will be fine

Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM

6,506 posts, read 7,536,063 times
I live a few blocks from the El Cajon City limits, it is quite safe where I live and as you get closer to downtown EC it gets a little "rough looking" but it is not dangerous. Watching the 10 o clock news compared to other cities is quite boring.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 AM

720 posts, read 806,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryger View Post
I know this was posted 2 years ago, but people are so ignorant sometimes. Ha
I appreciate your posting despite the age of the thread. Some of us are new to the topic! (<:

Old 08-03-2014, 05:40 PM

23 posts, read 32,675 times
Basically, El Cajon is a trash dump. There is garbage all over the city, and the parking structure at Parkway Plaza is filled with urine and gum that people spit on the ground...right up into the garden center at the Walmart. The police are a$$#@!*$ who like to find ways of NOT doing any work, but have a big fortress, several armored vehicles and 3 helicopters that fly around at 2 am. Every property with a sizable yard is turned into condos or apartments. Laws and ordinances are NOT enforced, thus many people have trash dumps in their yards, even in Fletcher Hills....well except for the graffiti removal in which every piece of graffiti is painted over with whatever color of paint they may have that day. So every underpass, city wall, and private fence have various squares of different colored paint on them The immigrants are not a problem, as the large Chaldean community that has moved here have only improved the place with their businesses....which are very nice. Unfortunately there is also a large population of white trash living here in the many ghetto trailer parks that exist in the city. I've been here for 19 years and cannot wait to get out of this cesspool. It truly IS the anus of the anus that San Diego County has become. Stay away from Lexington by the welfare office. Everything east of 1st and Lexington is basically homeowners mixed with ghetto. This place has gone downhill in the last 10 years along with our property value, but NOT our property tax which continues to rise, and the city administration likes it that way. ANYWHERE in San Diego would be preferable to El Cajon.

This is only my fact based opinion. Some folks like it here.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:44 AM

111 posts, read 181,306 times
Check the ratings from the school district.
Good schools means everything else should be good.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:30 AM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,430 times
There are good parts and bad parts of El Cajon just like any other city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego