Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,585 times

Advertisements

haha no I am not missing OC at all! It was the worst decision I made for the last 2 years. I don't know how I lasted THAT long! Yes-- I do notice all the dogs lol. It's sort of annoying. Listen to this one, some lady comes out of an apartment with 4 tiny dogs on a multi-chain connector type leash... that's not all, she was carrying a 5th! Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous lol. Right by where I live there are 2 pet shops- a store for toys/grooming/etc. and a pet clinic/hospital. I guess that would explain why they're all over the place. I don't know who outnumbers who know east of 13th- the homeless or the pets? It's sort of bad, that is the only thing I don't like here, otherwise everything is seriously amazing here downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:44 PM

114 posts, read 308,878 times
East Village, SD? I moved from Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia) to the US and temporarily lived in Dryden (rural Virginia) and in a hotel in the bad part of Columbus, Ohio. But before that, we arrived at JFK Airport at 5pm. So we stuck in this huge traffic, then drove through Lower Manhattan (fascinating place) and 4 hours to Hagerstown, Maryland to a Motel. We had to transfer to another plane in Phoenix, Arizona before we arrived in San Diego at midnight. Even though it was 6pm, the heat was brutal.
Then we arrived in San Diego. Now consider all I've seen before I moved to San Diego. Compared to that, this city (especially Downtown) is a safe haven. It is calm and beautiful, the traffic congestion during Rush hours is tolerable. It is very safe at night. I haven't felt that safe since I moved from Germany.

I can see that some people here really exaggerate about crime in San Diego. Homicides happen, but not to average people. 90% of the crimes are drug-related. Which means: Stay away from drugs or , drug dealers or drug addicts and you are safe. I personally haven't witnessed a crime yet (2008-2009).

It seems that we always have events in Downtown or Balboa Park, but I always miss them. :-(
I don't know why people mind the sound of light rails and trolleys. The sound is neither annoying nor distracting as long as your windows are shut. And before I forget it:
Welcome to San Diego :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego