Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,546,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
SD Cops seems to be a little more gun happy then most other cities police departments because they never have anything to shoot at, since crime is so low.

Do any of you remember a few years back when a homeless guy in PB got shot multiple times by cops and died for holding a stick in his hand? That was over kill, and those officers should have been punishment for there actions.

The ongoing problem with SDPD is they don't think about human life. Even though the man was waving a knife and threaten the officers, they should have used a taser, not blasted him away like they did. Race plays a factor in these cases, plus he was a transient, which worked against him. This is very sad news, the man could have had mental problems, but did the cops think about that? Nope. They shoot and kill first, ask questions later
Ok, I remember the PB incident and I agree completely that they should have been punished.

But in this case, he was waving a knife at them and threatening them. Anyone, crazy or not, who is stupid enough to wave a knife at a police officer (or at anyone else, really) has a death wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,033 times
I'm doing my 'ride-along' late tonight 9pm-3am ish. Pray I make it out ok. I have to sign some waiver recognizing the potential threats of harm in going on a ride-along, especially since it's a crazy shift on a weekend. The officer called me earlier this week and we spoke briefly- he basically said get ready for an exciting night lol. I will report my findings back under a new thread or maybe here later tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 PM

93 posts, read 305,598 times
Have fun dakicka! We don't even allow ride-alongs where I work cause of liability concerns

Old 08-08-2009, 01:58 PM

258 posts, read 1,650,297 times
Well the guy should have known going into this the cop would shoot him. You don't threaten a cop with a weapon and expect a slap on the wrist.
Better he got taken out than an innocent citizen or a cop.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:01 PM

106 posts, read 254,024 times
That's scary, we were just down there.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM

317 posts, read 1,758,033 times
Ride Along re-cap:
Did it this past Friday night 9pm-3am. Was sort of 'quiet' for a friday night according to the officers. It was an interesting experience. Sort of fun/exciting, although no crazy car/foot chases or drug busts. The worst things we had encountered were noise/disturbance calls and roudy drunks in the gaslamp. I did hear a lot of 'action' over the radio for Logan Heights though, but we were mainly patrolling the immediate downtown area. I would recommend doing a ride-along, I learned some new things about the police force, what they do, and got to see the city in a different light. It also confirmed to me that we're fortunate to live in such a beautiful area with low crime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego