Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 21,378 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]How long will families living in Fallbrook, CA have their lives disrupted, by low flying helicopters and explosives shaking their homes. It is difficult to have a conversation with residents of many North San Diego County communities, without the subject of high impact explosives and low flying helicopters being discussed. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Mothers tell stories of their children crying after a helicopter flies over their home so near to the ground it shakes the windows, noise is so loud sleep is disturbed. Helicopters fly circular patterns off Camp Pendleton over homes, over and over. Stories of dogs jumping through windows from fear. Property damage from the constant shaking by huge explosions and the vibration of low flying helicopters.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The marines have many thousands of acres in Twenty Nine Palms, CA “MARINE AIR GROUND TASK FORCE TRAINING COMMAND MARINE CORPS AIR GROUND COMBAT CENTER” for training. Camp Pendleton is one of the largest military bases in the world; there is enough space to allow training without flying helicopters above the tree tops at high speeds all hours of the day and night. When there is a reason to fly from the base, flying at altitude and slow speeds would reduce noise, save fuel and wear and tear on equipment.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I am aware of many attempts to express our concern to local and national representatives and sometimes people receive an answer ( a form letter) or a gee whizz response. All caring people, want the military to be properly trained. However, being a good neighbor works all ways, there is no reason low impact munitions can’t be used for targeting and pilots told to fly high and slow when traveling over the homes near the base. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Helicopters from Camp Pendleton, Marine Base, currently fly at a 90 degree angle to a local airport in Fallbrook, CA an airport used for small planes, students pilots are brought to this airport to practice take off and landings. A search of the military crashing aircraft into homes will yield a story from this past year of a plane flying into a home in San Diego, killing a mother, grandmother and two children.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]I have called Camp Pendleton, to express my concern, only to be spoken to as if I were an idiot, again, there is no reason the Marine Corps could not meet their need to train with the well being of people living near the facility; realtors should not be allowed to sell homes in Fallbrook without disclosing the issues described above.[/FONT][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 21,378 times
is this a fact

Old 08-12-2009, 07:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i am sorry you are having noise problems in fallbrook.
w/o the military san diego would not be much of a town.
i hope that the USMC CO can be pursuaded to let the local people get a little sleep. please appreciate that miramar is invaluable for the USMC. we have the best trained pilots in the world.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,575,311 times
My wife had an office right under the flightpath coming out of Miramar. The planes flew so low to her building the car alarms would go off on some cars in the parking lot. I had to wash her car every couple of days because the jet fuel residue would stain the paint. When the building lease was due for renewal, they moved the office to Carmel Valley. Problem solved.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:57 AM

34 posts, read 150,626 times
Noise issues must be disclosed by the seller and probably both the agents. It's part of the standard TDS (Transfer Disclosure Statement). People who buy less expensive real estate near an airport, military base, etc won't receive any sympathy from the governing agencies when they complain. It's not the problem of the airport or military base. The the problem lies with the buyer who did not heed the disclosure, or the seller who did not make the disclosure.

See paragraph C.11 of standard disclosure statement at: http://www.trinityalucp.com/PDF/Real...mentSAMPLE.pdf

Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM

9,526 posts, read 30,477,668 times
San Diego is a noisy place. Numerous miltary air stations with heavy aircraft and loud fighter jets and choppers. Multiple civilian airports within city limits. Police and news choppers hovering at all hours of the day.

It's just part of living here.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:55 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,625 times
I'm sorry this is a bother to you but they are doing this training at night for a purpose! Tons of marines and sailors are gearing up for a tour in Aphganistan. They need this training to prepare themselves over there, so please be patient with all the training.

Last edited by 10,000Lakes; 08-13-2009 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: add

Old 08-13-2009, 11:18 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
If you can't get used to it, maybe you should think about moving.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
I wouldn't be happy with the noise either, but I understand why and I feel you can put up with it if you realize why they training is happening. Be thankful these military people are fighting to keep us free so we can ***** about the noise.

Nita

Old 02-09-2010, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,403 times
Be thankful for the noise or as I call it "the sounds of freedom". Because of it, you can wake up every morning with the same freedoms and civil liberties as you had the prior day. Be thankful; not resentful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego