Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:06 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,545,145 times

Advertisements

To each his own I guess. When I was a baby my dad got a job in San Diego. My folks rented out their house and moved down there. It lasted exactly six months and they moved back to Northern California. My dad hated the job, my mom didn't click with her mostly transient military neighbors and my older siblings hated the schools. The only thing they liked about it was the weather (being milder than most of the Bay Area). I like to visit there, but I wouldn't leave my part of California for it permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 PM

107 posts, read 338,375 times
I will second all those who pointed out that living in SD. w/o. kids is much different than with kids. Once you have kids, Phoenix starts to make sense. All of a sudden, surfing all day. Then hanging out til 2am. in PB. is not a priority. Having a nice home in a good neighborhood becomes more important. Ive been in SD. for near 20 yrs. The first 15 yrs. i had no kids and life was easy. Then came the kids. SD. is sill great, but its harder to make it pencil out. Not a month goes by that my wife and i dont talk about the possibility of leaving SD. We may not stay here forever. But for now, SD. is home. And we are content to stay and pay the Ca. premium.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM

130 posts, read 386,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
That hasn't been my experience here at all. I think the area is quite a diverse melting pot, at least in my neck of the woods of Eastlake--no two neighbors in my block are of the same ethnic culture. What do you mean by this?
Try living in Carlsbad or Rancho BlahBlahBlah...

Old 08-20-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 575 times
Default Pamela Whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Yahn View Post
San Diego is a Great Place to live. I'm from New Jersey and I have lived here for 4 1/2 years . I Love it. The thing that I hate is Slum Landlords in San Diego. For all who read this do not ever rent or buy anything from a woman named Pamela Whiting. I lived in this house for 2 1/2 years and had nothing but problems from the time we moved in. We have appliances that haven't worked in awhile and every time we ask for repairs she schedules an appointment with us and never shows. She always goes for the very cheap/ non costly repair men who have no experience in what they are doing. For example, when we moved in the carpets had to be replaced because they were flee infested by the last tenants. She said that we had to pay for the removal and that she wasn't responsible for it. It's her house. My wife and I took pictures of all the damages that were made by the last tenants, put them in an envelope, and mailed them to her so she could see for herself since she would never come down to San Diego from her Vista resident. She never went to go pick up the pictures form the Post Office. After the Post office had tried to contact her several times, the pictures were then sent back to us. She obviously does not care about anything except for taking care of here brand new Mercedes Ben's. If you come in Contact with her stay away. She has broken 14 out of 41 Tenants laws in California and she most likely will continue to do so after we move out. Does anyone no how I can report her to the County of San Diego?
Hello I live in Georgia and I am dealing with Pamela Whiting as well I rented a house from her a year ago and she will not return my deposit to me. Please let me know how you handled this. She is a crook and I do not want anyone else to fall for her tricks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego