Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:11 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,367,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
GTM Rules! But you need to check out the Santee location... that is the spot!
Yeah, I was there Saturday. I was just looking around to see what they had, since the selection varies. As I recall, it's definitely larger. Someone pointed out to me that they carry the Costco return items, so I was able to see some of the returns at a lower price than in Costco. In fact I was wanting to pick up some Kimwipes, and lo and behold they had them at GTM. They are great for cleaning glasses with alcohol, since they are about the same as those pre-moistened glass wipes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 08:17 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Yes, GTM gets some really good stuff. I don't go in there unless I have $$ to spend.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:28 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Yes, GTM gets some really good stuff. I don't go in there unless I have $$ to spend.
It's one of the few places you can buy a plasma screen TV, a bathing suit, a rug, and ziploc bags in the same store!

It's like a thrift store for new stuff.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM

40 posts, read 157,530 times
Talking NorthPark Upscale

Hi Sassberto What part of North Park is up scale these days ? Was just looking at my latest pics from last year N Id say nope, Unless you are talking abou over close to Kennsington or way, down 30th near the park.
Iwas born and raised in that area Attended Jackson Garfield and Edison Elementary
First Apt in married life was on 37th second closer to Adams Afterour aughter was born we lived on Cherokee right off University Wasnt' great then Not better now
Dont get me wrong There are many fine decent pople of all persuasions there If the area is coming back as Ihave read in a few places that's great
North Park many years ago had lots of lovely little shops on University Sanfords another great little shop behind the drug store, the bank on the corner of 30th
Ialso remember Home Federal with its neat second floor and cool lobby where you were served cookies And who can forget Thrifty with it's very reasonable ice cream cones
Then it changed ethnically gosh but what goes arround come arround Rose

Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 PM

40 posts, read 157,530 times
My sister lived in a condo on Lowell ( Villa Elena) right across from Helix She had it for sale three months after she moved in
It was not great back in 79 Took me a year to sell it in 98 when she died Talked to some of her old friends last year who stil live there It has gotton much worse Rose

Old 09-13-2009, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,438 times
I am looking at renting a house on Maire Ave...it seems to be nearby La Mesa Blvd in between El Cajon and University Ave...good area? Bad area??

Old 10-10-2009, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,337 times
I think all of you are full of fear and judgement! Get a 6-figure salary and stop dissing hippies and yuppies...we are the ones with class/beauty/etc!!!! Mt helix has amazing homes from the $500,000's and up!!!! Get an opinion of people who are wealthy and love "la mesa"!!!! Gays love la mesa too....close in and affordable! Matthew Shepard Foundation: Matthew Shepard Foundation The Kabbalah Centre International | Kabbalah education worldwide, Kabbalah classes, videos, books how to study Kabbalah madonnalicious.com The Secret :: Official Web Site of The Secret Movie :: Law of Attraction KATY PERRY :: One Of The Boys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego