Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 PM

4 posts, read 5,391 times

Advertisements

You call parasitism an Art form? WOW!! And I thought Disney World was a mirage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,538,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
How about start with saving something. You know, it is your life, you make it what it is....no one else is responsible.

The fact is most people would rather buy some overpriced gadget and get their nails done.........screw the emergency fund, then blubber when they fall on hard times.
Can't agree with you more. The problem does lie in "responsibility." Nobody should ever expect a hand out - I definitely have issue with entitlement seekers.

Nor do I think my taxes should pay for entitlements. In the old days, neighbors used to watch out for each other. If I didn't pay the taxes I pay, I would most likely give the same $$ amount to programs I truly believe in.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:28 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Can't agree with you more. The problem does lie in "responsibility." Nobody should ever expect a hand out - I definitely have issue with entitlement seekers.

Nor do I think my taxes should pay for entitlements. In the old days, neighbors used to watch out for each other. If I didn't pay the taxes I pay, I would most likely give the same $$ amount to programs I truly believe in.

Hahaha, you are right on that one.

The problem is when one party talks about self reliance and financial reform.....the other party redirects the argument by saying those evil rich can pay more so we can have even more programs........LATE AFTER SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMS ( school dinners for all students).

Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM

52 posts, read 99,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot222 View Post
If you're in a RV, you're best to keep rolling
With todays gas prices?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,369 times
im homeless in san diego its monday night a little after 6 and im STARVING!! anyone know where i can get a free meal?!?

Old 08-08-2011, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,259 times
i have had better luck in nor cal than in san diego.... different people here. they dont give a **** about the mortgage crisis or whos family is out on the street. they only care that thier bmers have fuel and hot tubs are ready!!! truckee was the best place i have ever been really content being outdoors... it was quite like camping along the truckee river. a short walk to town, for supplies and the locals were very generous.. 5 stars

Old 08-08-2011, 08:39 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli046 View Post
i have had better luck in nor cal than in san diego.... different people here. they dont give a **** about the mortgage crisis or whos family is out on the street. they only care that thier bmers have fuel and hot tubs are ready!!! truckee was the best place i have ever been really content being outdoors... it was quite like camping along the truckee river. a short walk to town, for supplies and the locals were very generous.. 5 stars
Seriously, do you have to resurrect this thread? Not cool.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,326,222 times
It needs to be closed.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM

296 posts, read 614,327 times
and gentrified.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM

52 posts, read 100,668 times
I think it should stay open. I am continuously seeing new people in this part of the forum and they can always throw in fresh input.

Personally, I've been in San Diego a month (an epic month thank you San Diegans). I am currently in Mission Valley but, will be moving soon. Where I am, I see many people walking around with their cardboard signs asking for help. I see them doing this with BOSE headphones, MP3 players, on their cell phones, and everything else that would point someone to believe these people aren't homeless. Is it sad? Yes. Does it suck? Yes. However, these people are living relatively decently. They have this lifestyle on lock.
They know where they can go to get food scraps, running water, and quite literally anything they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego