Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:54 PM

14 posts, read 40,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Oh, really??

I looked at the reviews on it on Yelp (the Pacific Highway one, apparently it there's multiple locations) and they all seemed to be positive.

Do you mind elaborating on your bad experience with them?
Overall, it's not bad. The problem is that if it's very busy it can take a while for the shuttle to come by and then it takes time to drop people off at their cars. I've never had a problem when departing, but it can easily add 30 minutes when you arrive and you just want to jump into your car and drive home right away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 01:06 AM

1,061 posts, read 3,582,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonka42 View Post
Overall, it's not bad. The problem is that if it's very busy it can take a while for the shuttle to come by and then it takes time to drop people off at their cars. I've never had a problem when departing, but it can easily add 30 minutes when you arrive and you just want to jump into your car and drive home right away.
I've used the SAN park long-term parking (the $10 lot) several times as well, and it's always been fine. You do have to factor in some time as a previous poster mentioned...the first time I used it, I really did almost miss my flight! I mean, carrying-my-shoes-running-barefoot-through-the-terminal-last-one-on-the-plane late. As long as you allow for more time than you think you'll need, you should be fine.

That being said, if you're going to be gone for 10 days, that's $100 for parking. I'd use Cloud 9 or similar shuttle service instead. If you do long-term parking, you'll have to ride a shuttle anyway, and it's way less comfortable than those Cloud 9 vans .

Old 10-31-2009, 09:08 AM

745 posts, read 1,567,981 times
I fly in and out of San Diego on business a great deal. I like the Park and Fly garage. Good service, convenient. I use the self parking on the roof for $11 a day.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,286,921 times
Quote:
Oh, really??

I looked at the reviews on it on Yelp (the Pacific Highway one, apparently it there's multiple locations) and they all seemed to be positive.

Do you mind elaborating on your bad experience with them?
When we got there, instead of having a designated place for pickup, like kind of a bus stop, the driver goest through every single aisle and picks people up by the car. This would be fine, but it took 40, yes 40 minutes to get everyone situated and we almost missed our flight. They had people that needed help with luggage, people that were taking their sweet time getting their luggage out, and so on and that caused extensive delays. They have more than one shuttle so I don't know why it took so long for us to leave.

They have 2 locations, one right near the terminals and this one. We were not aware of this. On the way home, we waited by the shuttles and when SAN Park pulled up we asked the driver if this is the only shuttle they have since I know from past experiences that sometimes they have more than one going to different locations. He assured us it was. So we get on, drive, and he drops us off at the terminal location, not PCH one.

He then tells us that there are two locations and drives us back to the shuttle stop, where we just miss our shuttle and wait 20 minutes for the next one. Then when they drop you off, once again they go through every single aisle dropping people off directly at their car. Whey people can't walk a few steps from designated stops is beyond me. We will definitely not use them again.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:02 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
When we got there, instead of having a designated place for pickup, like kind of a bus stop, the driver goest through every single aisle and picks people up by the car. This would be fine, but it took 40, yes 40 minutes to get everyone situated and we almost missed our flight. They had people that needed help with luggage, people that were taking their sweet time getting their luggage out, and so on and that caused extensive delays. They have more than one shuttle so I don't know why it took so long for us to leave.

They have 2 locations, one right near the terminals and this one. We were not aware of this. On the way home, we waited by the shuttles and when SAN Park pulled up we asked the driver if this is the only shuttle they have since I know from past experiences that sometimes they have more than one going to different locations. He assured us it was. So we get on, drive, and he drops us off at the terminal location, not PCH one.

He then tells us that there are two locations and drives us back to the shuttle stop, where we just miss our shuttle and wait 20 minutes for the next one. Then when they drop you off, once again they go through every single aisle dropping people off directly at their car. Whey people can't walk a few steps from designated stops is beyond me. We will definitely not use them again.
Thanks so much for posting what happened with them.

We're super crazy about allowing extra time when we go to the airport, so I think if we do use SAN Park we'll allow an extra hour or so on top of that.

I know on Yelp people were saying that on arrival they'd just get out and walk to their car to save time. I don't get why people can't walk either. I know when I used to fly out of Orlando frequently, the long-term lot there had like 4 stops, and you just walk.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:26 PM

98 posts, read 122,757 times
I use Park 'n' Fly. They pick you up by your car to take you to the airport and you don't have to wait long for a shuttle to pick you up for the airport to take you back to the garage. Very friendly, courteous drivers, too.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:33 PM

I just wanted to comment that we came back from our trip last night. We ended up using SAN Park Pacific Hwy and had an excellent experience. We didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle both departing and arriving, which was at midnight last night. We'll definitely use this lot again, and I would highly suggest it for anyone needing long term parking.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:48 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,736,621 times
If you are going to be gone for 10 days, it's going to cost you at least $100 to park you car at the airport. I'm no fan of cabs, either but I think it is the better option in this case.

I always call the cab company the night before and have them show up at a set time, and have never had a problem. Better yet, why not as the neighbor to drop you off and take a cab home? Just give him/her a $25 spot for their trouble!!

Old 11-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
If you are going to be gone for 10 days, it's going to cost you at least $100 to park you car at the airport. I'm no fan of cabs, either but I think it is the better option in this case.

I always call the cab company the night before and have them show up at a set time, and have never had a problem. Better yet, why not as the neighbor to drop you off and take a cab home? Just give him/her a $25 spot for their trouble!!
We parked for 10 days, and it was $100. We don't know our neighbors well enough to ask them to drop us off/pick us up.

If someone wishes to use a cab, that's fine--I'm not debating what's the "best" way. I just wanted to post that we had a good experience with SAN Park if someone happens to search the forums looking for options to park their car at the airport. I was the OP that had this question several weeks ago and I was just following up.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,736,621 times
Quote:
If someone wishes to use a cab, that's fine--I'm not debating what's the "best" way. I just wanted to post that we had a good experience with SAN Park if someone happens to search the forums looking for options to park their car at the airport. I was the OP that had this question several weeks ago and I was just following up.
My bad, I thought you were asking advice on how to get to the airport. I guess not knowing your neighbors well enough nullifies my advice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego