Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:01 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,572,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RARAM2 View Post
Thanks JK, looking more closely at that area, I see several possibilities. Any other thoughts out there regarding La Mesa, CV or specific areas in the city.
In La Mesa:North of the 8 freeway but east of Action Jackson Drive.Really nice a little older community over there.South of the 8,anything West of the 125 and east of Spring St should be ok

In CV:The development part of town;Otay Ranch by the HS,Eastlake south of Olympic or North of Otay Lakes.Also San Miguel Ranch is pretty good as long as your not too fat out(125 freeway)
>The non-development areas;East Central(from Bonita down to Naples,West of the 805 and East of Hilltop or 2nd) is pretty good.Older homes,well kept and decent neighbors.The eastern side of South Central CV is ok.The western side of South Central is pretty rough.Thats bounded from J down to Naples,Hilltop over to Fifth.Anything East of Third but north of Moss in South Central is pretty good too.Finally North of H to the 54 Freeway East of Fourth and West of First,is pretty good as well.Nice older homes easy access to DTWN CV and transportation in the Due North area of Chula Vista is better than average.Plus shopping is close by

The City:Mira Mesa is nice(in my book).I really like the Northern Part but as a whole I like it.Everything you need is on Mira Mesa Blvd.Some people will not agree with Mira Mesa but hey,that's my look on it.
>The eastern part of Clairmont(JEO Gennesee Ave) is good.Kind of old and some parts may appear to be run down but it's a pretty good area.
>Also Point Loma and parts of the Midway are pretty cool.Areas from the 5 Fwy out to Nimitz Blvd are towards the top of my list.Right along the Rosecrans Corridor.Lots and lots of traffic but I think it's worth it.
>The Northeast(Grantville and San Carlos)are really nice communities.Easy access to Mission Valley and the heart of the city;both via MTS and automobile.
>Maybe Sas or sav858 can help you with the mid-city zones like North Park,Normal Heights,Bankers Hill ect ect
>Then in SSD(yes South San Diego has nice areas too)the area south of Coronado Avenue and East of Saturn Blvd is a nice family area.Also anything east of Piccard Avenue esp the Ocean View Hills development is really nice.Then down in San Ysidro anything east of Beyer Blvd is decent.A little rough homes might not look that good but it's still a pretty good area down here in the South.

These where places I like personally;places I would move to and that are in a price range that is not too expensive in the three cities.There are other places I like but cost a little more money.Hope this helps out a little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 03:14 AM

78 posts, read 193,440 times
You can't trust anyone over the Internet because you really don't know who's behind that computer screen... They may not even be San Diegan and just make up information. If i wee you I would visit the area myself, everyone has different views on a city and it might be totally different from other ppl's views. Everyone bashes on Los Angeles and you hear A LOT of crap about that city, but it's not stopping me from moving there... I love L.A... I go up to stay with my mom once and awhile and I learned to love it. So I suggest you visit SD for a bit and pretend you live here while your here lol it might suit you.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:43 AM

123 posts, read 231,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay619 View Post
You can't trust anyone over the Internet because you really don't know who's behind that computer screen... They may not even be San Diegan and just make up information. If i wee you I would visit the area myself, everyone has different views on a city and it might be totally different from other ppl's views. Everyone bashes on Los Angeles and you hear A LOT of crap about that city, but it's not stopping me from moving there... I love L.A... I go up to stay with my mom once and awhile and I learned to love it. So I suggest you visit SD for a bit and pretend you live here while your here lol it might suit you.
Thanks Jay...I do plan on spending some time there BEFORE planting any permanent roots, however my friends here in Chicago love SD and they are pushing me in that direction...my experience with California has primarily been in the Santa Rosa and Sacramento area, which I love both areas, however I place climate high on my priority list and have been told you can't beat SD for that.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,068,891 times
I'm thinking of moving to Del Mar.
Train runs through it and close to the beach

(Chicago native)

Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,406 times
train runs thru Del Mar but doesn't stop there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego