Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 12:58 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,236,259 times

Advertisements

i've been trying to plan my move to sd for a while now. it took long enough to get my wife to get on board. but the "getting a job first" has been tough. i know that i can find employment, but i am looking for gov't/quasi-law enforcement type jobs and they tend to have a lengthy hiring process. anyone have any inside tips of companies thay may be hiring? just looking for something steady while in the process of securing a longer term job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 01:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,570,523 times
Security jobs seem to be plentiful: san diego security jobs classifieds - craigslist

So were you pulling for the Chargers last Sunday?

Old 11-17-2009, 04:34 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
Security companies are not hiring. I work event security part-time for Elite, and they're the only company that's hiring, and I've been working all the Charger's games. All the companies only accept applications, but at this point in time, they can be choosy. You have to have a CA guard before you can work as a security guard, and that will set you back $200-$300. You can't work without it.

I applied for seasonal jobs to extend my unemployment even more, and got nowhere. I either heard nothing, or got a rejection email. I'm currently being considered for some Navy jobs, due to my federal reinstatement eligibility, and I've been applying for jobs since January.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
Security jobs seem to be plentiful: san diego security jobs classifieds - craigslist

So were you pulling for the Chargers last Sunday?
funny you should ask, i was definitely rooting for the chargers! im in no way/shape/form an eagles fan. its annoying as hell living in philly as a non-philly sports fan.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
funny you should ask, i was definitely rooting for the chargers! im in no way/shape/form an eagles fan. its annoying as hell living in philly as a non-philly sports fan.
I left Philly over 30 yrs ago. Joined the military and I've lived out west ever since.

My mom still lives in the Philly area. Every time I visit her, I tune my rental car radio to 610 WIP. Great station. Angelo Cataldi is one of a kind. You won't find a sports station like that out here.

While in Philly during NFL season, I always wear an Eagles jersey. Walk into a Philly bar in any other NFL team jersey, and you're taking your life in your hands. You won't find that sort of team loyalty out here either.

SoCal is like the United Nations of the NFL. You'll see sports bars flying flags and people wearing jerseys from every NFL team possible. My dentist is a diehard Steelers fan. He has the Steelers logo lasered in full-color on one of his rear teeth. My barber is an old Rams fan. My plumber is a Raiders fan etc etc.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Almost forgot... I get my car washed at a place managed by a Detroit Lions fan. He gives discounted washes on NFL Sunday if you're wearing a piece of Lions gear.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:54 PM

im a jets fan first, but a closet chargers fan as well. the jets usually disappoint. anyway, isnt there an eagles bar on garnet ave in PB? plumcrazy?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:47 PM

Yep... it's an Eagles bar: Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

My wife's from Green Bay. There are 3 Packer bars in town.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:46 AM

after living here (phila) where its "philly sports or die" mindframe, i would be happy to live in a town where other teams are also supported by residents. i has so many near fights this past post season, as im a yankee fan living in philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: