Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM

6 posts, read 23,330 times

Advertisements

hi I am an exchange cultures student. I will be moving to SD in the next few months. I've been online forever and I couldn't get any valuble insight information about it. Finally i found this wonderful forum and I hope people will give me full insight about SD like the cultures, ethics, values people, schools (12 grade) , shops, weather, neighbourhoods, friendship, money, language and even best cellphones network . I hope people who wanna help me and give me nice information about san diego and life for a 17 years old student

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 08:27 PM

4,539 posts, read 12,406,148 times
Hhalsz, your questions are really too broad for us to answer. Are you in the process of choosing between San Diego and some other city, or have you chosen San Diego and now want to find out where in the city you want to live?

If it's the former, please tell us where else you are considering and we can compare them with San Diego.

If it's the latter, please tell us what sort of things you want to experience. There is much variety in San Diego, and it would be impossible for us to list all the different combinations of people, cultures, schools, shopping, and neighborhoods that are out there. Even the weather varies significantly even though this is a single metropolitan area.

Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,576,464 times
Yep Just what Kettlepot said.Too broad.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 AM

6 posts, read 23,330 times
thanks for reply, but i am coming for the first time to the US and i have no idea about what San Diego is, so a general information about it would help me so much. you just think of me as a foreigner and tell me useful tips because i am going to live there for 1 year

Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhalsz4 View Post
thanks for reply, but i am coming for the first time to the US and i have no idea about what San Diego is, so a general information about it would help me so much. you just think of me as a foreigner and tell me useful tips because i am going to live there for 1 year
Start here:
San Diego, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
San Diego CA - Google Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:02 AM

840 posts, read 6,516,145 times
My family has hosted foreign exchange students in the past and they had no problems adjusting other than learning where to go and communicating. There are many immigrants in San Diego so you won't be outcasted. There's a heavy Mexican culture as there is all over SoCal. Generally people are friendly but there are rude people just like anywhere else. There's good schools and there's bad ones. Lots of shopping malls as well as swapmeets which have some good deals. I would consider Kobey's over the one in National City. The weather in San Diego is one of the best in the country. There are really good, safe neighborhoods and of course the not so safe neighborhoods such as City Heights.

I think you will do just fine in San Diego. It has many things to do even at your age.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,123 times
never come here. so boring and guys always drink. I have never seen any great guy here in San Diego

Old 12-20-2009, 01:22 AM

231 posts, read 640,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoyo View Post
never come here. so boring and guys always drink. I have never seen any great guy here in San Diego
Lol, you receive a brownie point for generalization skills.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:10 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,319,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhalsz4 View Post
hi I am an exchange cultures student. I will be moving to SD in the next few months. I've been online forever and I couldn't get any valuble insight information about it. Finally i found this wonderful forum and I hope people will give me full insight about SD like the cultures, ethics, values people, schools (12 grade) , shops, weather, neighbourhoods, friendship, money, language and even best cellphones network . I hope people who wanna help me and give me nice information about san diego and life for a 17 years old student

thanks
San Diego is a very multicultural city so you should feel at home but if you give us more information (which country you come from and which cultures you are most interested in) then we can give you more specific information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: