Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:05 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
The ethnic markets are good for produce, and sometimes meat. Pancho Villa in North Park has good prices on meat, and I buy quite a bit there, and sometimes produce. North Park Produce has also good produce prices, along with the numerous Mexican produce markets.

Just take a drive up El Cajon Blvd or University Avenue into City Heights, and you'll find lots of ethnic markets. I haven't been in any of the Vietnamese markets yet, so I don't know what kind of prices they have on anything. But I should take a look sometime.
Don't forget Northgate Gonzalez, the Mexican supermarket chain, which has some really cheap prices but you have to drive down the National City to shop there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 01:02 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,594,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Don't forget Northgate Gonzalez, the Mexican supermarket chain, which has some really cheap prices but you have to drive down the National City to shop there.
Northgate Gonzalez has bought the former El Tigre grocery in Escondido.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:39 PM

105 posts, read 298,369 times
We have a Super Walmart here in Chula Vista. I don't shop at Walmart though, so I am unaware of the prices.

We're military so I do a lot of my shopping at the commissary when I can, but the bulk of my grocery budget is spent at Costco, Trader Joes, Target and Vons. TJs is more affordable than you might think, especially on produce.

We currently have Cox, and are switching over to ATT UVerse as soon as we can. For the amount of money we pay for internet, cable, and phone, we just think that ATT can give us a better product than COX--their dvr service is ancient and outdated.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:37 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Northgate Gonzalez has a store in Southcrest, off of 43rd & Oceanview Blvd. I've been there, and they have good prices, but if you speak Spanish, it helps when you go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego