Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 PM

204 posts, read 639,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The area has appeal. The best consequence is out of state lure in settle down-retirement. Can't the region see this and focus on suppressing the possibly over done media hype in all the negative.

In other words, focus on a go to place that has it all. Failing that, the negative will come through and people just ...DON"T, want to go to a place that is overwhelmed with negative people in a downer location.

Start with reasonably low crime, save auto's, reasonably safe neighborhoods, weather....the list goes on and on. You need....NEW....MONEY. so you need a ....NEW ...IDEA

I think this is the reality's collective responsibility, instead of saying "buy" why not get real with some new ideas and programs.

I thought a common villain brings the neighborhood together...? Hey Realtors get together.
You have a product, and the marketing is weak.

Check SD on line.....Google....nothing there.....Check Florida....Google....their a little ahead in the ball game.

Just thinking.....its gotta be new money, don't wait around for miracles or Arnie to pull the rabbit out of the dumb-bell.

Look into incentive plans , possible extended stay per quantity investment(can you not compete with Florida) for big spending out of country, Europe, Canada...
Theres so much product its insane......Wake up you guys
I only sort of understood that.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:32 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,120,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htnspz View Post
I only sort of understood that.....
Good, thats a start, cause there won't be any new industry stimulating jobs. So, sit around and watch the show, its half time.

20% unemployment and no where to go but ....down....down......down

Do the math

Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,405,359 times
Don't forget that a lot of people who buy homes in San Diego are not first-time homeowners. They may have substantial equity and/or savings already built up from owning other homes over the years in either San Diego or someplace else. If someone's $200k home from another state is largely paid for, when sold, that person has a lot more $$$ for a down payment, putting a $400k+ home easily within reach, even if income stays the same. Yeah, San Diego can be a tough market to crack for first-time home buyers, but first-time home buyers are only a small part of the whole equation.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:00 PM

129 posts, read 339,840 times
There are some encouraging trends since the low in 08. Though a 2 year glimpse at real estate is too small in my opinion. True, bargain hunting is still the largest base of activity, instead of the more favorable discretionary spending. So a simple snapshot of activity is just blind data. But we can't ignore the math. More money was spent AND loaned buying homes in Southern California last month than in the past two years. The latter is key since strict lender qualifications have been a bottleneck for growth. Call me crazy, but i'm not a big fan of growth right now. Stability is path to recovery imo.

For many, a dim view of our economic future guides their vision. I won't touch that topic in a forum like this. This thread is about real estate. Obviously since my views on the housing recovery are somewhat positive, you can guess my overall opinion of our future economy. I'm watching the trends closely post tax credit. Of course there will be a dip after all of those deals close. And I'm sure many will point to those numbers and scare the public more. But I think it's wiser to calculate the market irrespective of the credit influence. Fear and logic aren't happy neighbors. For some perspective, go back and read the pessimistic blogs and media reports over the past 2.5 years. Then look at the actual market reality with an open mind for the same period. Make your own conclusions. The sky hasn't fallen.............yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego