Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,327 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to the Carlsbad, Ca area.

My first choice close to Carlsbad Village. I am not sure which is the best safe area.

Second choice is near Maple, etc off Ocean Blvd.

Where are the schools located? Which is the best school area for a pre junior high student?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 07:43 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
You didn't say what your budget was or how close you wanted to live to the beach. From the places you are stating, it sounds like you want to live within walking distance to the beach.

If you were in that area, I believe that you'd be in the Carlsbad Union School District. Those schools are good, but if you were to move a little bit South (google map El Camino Real at La Costa Ave) you'd be in the San Dieguito Union School District, which I believe is a much better, award winning district. The high schools in that district include San Dieguito Academy (which is where I went before it turned into an academy) a couple of alternative high schools like Sunset, and then La Costa Canyon HS and Torrey Pines HS, which are both as good as it gets when it comes to test scores, teachers, and overall quality of education.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 5,853,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpersico View Post
I am looking to move to the Carlsbad, Ca area.

My first choice close to Carlsbad Village. I am not sure which is the best safe area.

Second choice is near Maple, etc off Ocean Blvd.

Where are the schools located? Which is the best school area for a pre junior high student?
I second all that Djxpress said about schools in the Carlsbad area, and add that it will be much easier to find an apartment to rent in the La Costa or Aviara areas of southeast Carlsbad than in the Village. The Village is charming and quaint, no doubt, but there are limited apartments in that area. It's mostly older single-family residences and from my experience, the larger apartment complexes are less than desirable. The opposite is true of La Costa and Aviara, which while not right on the beach are a short drive away. And there are far more options for renting in the newer areas. Just my two cents.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Carlsbad Apartments for Rent - Carlsbad Apartments Reviews and Ratings

I lived in the Village Apts. for a year and highly recommend, if you want to be near downtown. You can probably negotiate a better price than what they ask for, but they are still going to be a bit pricier than others in the area.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:52 AM

2 posts, read 10,623 times
Default harding street

I am looking into renting a studio on harding street. Any opinions of that area in carlsbad?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,856 times
Check out apartmentreviews.com for what ever area you are interested in.

What ever you do dont move to Eves Avalon Bay Carlsbad formerly known as Waterstone.

Good luck with your search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: