Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:46 PM

59 posts, read 134,123 times

Advertisements

I've took into account all that you said and when I move to San Diego I will vacation in many place...

Go back home to England.
Vegas
SF
Colorade Skiing
Seattle
Florida - miami
washington dc
philly
boston
atlanta
new york
new orleans
and I love chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 01:27 PM

34 posts, read 150,626 times
Default Redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Redwoods don't grow in the PNW.

Sorry had to be a pain
If your going to be picky, then I feel compelled to correct you. Redwoods do grow in the Pacific North West since they are indigenous to southwest Oregon.

Also, there is no strict definition of the PNW. Many consider upper Northern California to be part of it: see Pacific Northwest

Old 02-04-2010, 01:29 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsproule View Post
If your going to be picky, then I feel compelled to correct you. Redwoods do grow in the Pacific North West since they are indigenous to southwest Oregon.

Also, there is no strict definition of the PNW. Many consider upper Northern California to be part of it: see Pacific Northwest
I know that I was just teasing relax

Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Huh? So, is the implication that warm weather with a coast line the only criteria in determining a vacation spot? What about NYC? Why not DC? How about New England, and experience some colonial charm, and learn some history about the birth of our nation? How about Colorado, and experience the Rockies. Alaska can be quite magnificent. What's wrong with New Orleans during Mardi Gras? How about going abroad, Italy has a lot to offer. What about France, Ireland or Germany?
Aren't we just talking about long weekends here? If we're talking 2 or 3 week vacations, then Europe/Asia/South America are premier destinations for me. Give me a week and I'd love to do a week in any of the major East Coast cities, as well as the major Canadian cities.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:15 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by englishamericandreamer15 View Post
I've took into account all that you said and when I move to San Diego I will vacation in many place...

Go back home to England.
Vegas
SF
Colorade Skiing
Seattle
Florida - miami
washington dc
philly
boston
atlanta
new york
new orleans
and I love chicago
You'll be glad to know that there are non-stop flights to all of the destinations you mentioned, except for Miami, New Orleans and England (BA and Zoom used to fly direct in past )

Old 02-06-2010, 12:36 PM

3,468 posts, read 5,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I know that I was just teasing relax
Okay, so technically, redwoods grow in a tiny, tiny part of the enormous PNW, but for the most part, 95 percent of redwoods are not indigenous to the PNW, and the PWN isn't known for redwoods. It's like saying San Francisco is the place to go for swaying palm trees. There are thousands of palm trees all over the city, and lining the waterfront, but people identify palm trees with San Diego. It's the same with redwoods. People don't identify them with the PNW.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:45 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Okay, so technically, redwoods grow in a tiny, tiny part of the enormous PNW, but for the most part, 95 percent of redwoods are not indigenous to the PNW, and the PWN isn't known for redwoods. It's like saying San Francisco is the place to go for swaying palm trees. There are thousands of palm trees all over the city, and lining the waterfront, but people identify palm trees with San Diego. It's the same with redwoods. People don't identify them with the PNW.
I guess lol

Old 02-06-2010, 02:22 PM

601 posts, read 1,451,774 times
For us it's Hawaii, Las Vegas, Newport Beach and West Los Angeles.

Yes, Los Angeles...my wife thinks the shopping is better up there than down in SD.

(shrugs)

BD5

Old 02-07-2010, 03:35 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,819 times
Places I have been?
Honolulu(Once)
Vegas(6 times)
PHX(3 times)
LA(At least 500 times-wouldn't call them vacations)
Orange County/N.County(At least 500 times-wouldn't call them vacations)
Pittsburgh(Three times,parents are from there)
Cleveland(Once)
Tampa,FLA(Once)
SJ(Twice)
Does TJ Count?(Like 50 times)
STL(Once)
ABQ New Mexico(Once)
Santa Fe New Mexico(Twice)
Rosirito(4 or 5 times)
Inland Empire(10 times or so)
Washington DC(Twice)

Toronto might happen for me in the first week of Dec 2010
LV next year(to scout out areas to live though)
Seattle next summer is planed and almost ready
And my fav future trip will be Denver in March-April 2012;I CAN'T WAIT!!!

For me anytime away from San Diego is "Vacation Time" though.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:09 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times
We've always been travelers and moving to SD did not change that. We've been to about 20 states since moving here (only 5 to go to complete all 50), and I was just in Europe a couple of weeks ago. We travel a minimum of once a month and do not let the limited direct flights limit our travels. I hate when people refuse to travel because they feel that they live in "the best place." Travel is not about living in the best place, it's about experiencing new cultures, food, customs, etc. As Mark Twain said, ""Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego