Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,576,464 times

Advertisements

Ummm
I leave SD?Adventure in other places to see what they have to offer
=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:11 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
They drive to Julian for a day outing, walk around for 15 minutes, buy an apple pie, and then drive home.
Go sailing, as mentioned. The Mission Bay Aquatic Center has reasonably priced classes, if you don't know how to sail.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:31 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,394,395 times
The last few post remind me of something I hear from time to time:

Question: "What do San Diegans do for fun?

Answer: "Go to LA."

I never knew that was still true LOL.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM

88 posts, read 206,431 times
Thanks for the advice.

Actually I go up to LA most weekends to see friends.

I got laid off about a month ago and besides job hunting (which is daunting and not fun at all), I wanted to find stuff to entertain myself with.

Sailing and kayaking sound like lots of fun, even though I don't swim really well. I've gone jet skiing with people before in Mission Bay and that was A LOT of fun.

I do hang out in Balboa Park quite often since I live within walking distance from the Park. It is a really nice place and good for relaxing and picture taking. The museums are cool though. I like the Natural History museum.

I don't have a lot of friends down here, which probably is part of the issue. But thanks for the ideas.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM

313 posts, read 728,416 times
Annual passes to Sea World or the Zoo are worth getting - especially the zoo passes, where it also gets you into the Wild Animal Park.

Check out the San Diego Reader site for local events and festivals going on.

Pick up a Learning Annex magazine to look for free or low cost classes and special interest meetings.
Check out the Meet-Up site to see if anyone in your area is meeting on something you are interested in.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:00 PM

129 posts, read 473,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapiggie101 View Post
Thanks for the advice.

Actually I go up to LA most weekends to see friends.

I got laid off about a month ago and besides job hunting (which is daunting and not fun at all), I wanted to find stuff to entertain myself with.

Sailing and kayaking sound like lots of fun, even though I don't swim really well. I've gone jet skiing with people before in Mission Bay and that was A LOT of fun.

I do hang out in Balboa Park quite often since I live within walking distance from the Park. It is a really nice place and good for relaxing and picture taking. The museums are cool though. I like the Natural History museum.

I don't have a lot of friends down here, which probably is part of the issue. But thanks for the ideas.
If you are interested in kayaking and kayakfishing I have a friend that has extra kayaks and you can try it out.

Let me know if you are interested.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
San Diego CityBeat is also a good paper to check out for local events, I always see something that looks cool or interesting to attend in there although many of those events are on weekends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego