Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:37 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times

Advertisements

Sheriff Gore said that more information will be available tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,528,703 times
What a sad time it must be for both of these families........ At least there is closure now, but still, very sad.......

I can think of nothing worse than to outlive your child........I've been through it with 2 friends.....there is nothing worse.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
What a sad time it must be for both of these families........ At least there is closure now, but still, very sad.......

I can think of nothing worse than to outlive your child........I've been through it with 2 friends.....there is nothing worse.
You never get closure. Losing a family member can be unbearable at times but you learn to deal with it.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM

According to the news the tip to where ambers body was did not come from john albert gardner. Amber did not get much attention at first cause the police thought she was a runaway. More info will be disclosed today.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 AM

2,160 posts, read 5,852,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
According to the news the tip to where ambers body was did not come from john albert gardner. Amber did not get much attention at first cause the police thought she was a runaway. More info will be disclosed today.
This is true. And it's what seriously hampered the Dubois investigation early on. As opposed to Chelsea, who was never considered a runaway risk, Amber "sightings" kept popping up in the days and weeks after her disapperance, which sent police on a wild goose chase. This all appeard to support the theory that police didn't "drop the ball" in the Dubois investigation. They simply acted on the information they had at the time. It's a tragedy, but tragedies happen.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinitan View Post
This is true. And it's what seriously hampered the Dubois investigation early on. As opposed to Chelsea, who was never considered a runaway risk, Amber "sightings" kept popping up in the days and weeks after her disapperance, which sent police on a wild goose chase. This all appeard to support the theory that police didn't "drop the ball" in the Dubois investigation. They simply acted on the information they had at the time. It's a tragedy, but tragedies happen.
I didnt say the police "dropped the ball" on the dubois case. I did say the san diego police dept "dropped the ball" prior to the chelsea king murder. Read my posts on the chelsea king murder. It may be hard for some people to believe but the police & the courts (district attorneys, public defenders, judges) sometimes do screw up. NOTHING is perfect in this messed up world.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,848,721 times
Couple things I heard...that the dogs did hit on the Pala Reservation, near the library, and the "experts" said the dogs were wrong. Well, turns out they weren't...she may have been near the library at some point and her body was found near the reservation.

Also, supposedly the PI that the Dubois family hired does not believe the two cases are connected, which I don't agree with.

Whoever called in that tip knew exactly where she was buried. LE went out and found her right away on Satuday morning and by Saturday afternoon, her remains had been identified. So somebody knew all this time...and when Chelsea was killed, maybe they just couldn't live with that anymore. It's just no coincidence both girls were found within days of each other, no way.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,528,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Couple things I heard...that the dogs did hit on the Pala Reservation, near the library, and the "experts" said the dogs were wrong. Well, turns out they weren't...she may have been near the library at some point and her body was found near the reservation.

Also, supposedly the PI that the Dubois family hired does not believe the two cases are connected, which I don't agree with.

Whoever called in that tip knew exactly where she was buried. LE went out and found her right away on Satuday morning and by Saturday afternoon, her remains had been identified. So somebody knew all this time...and when Chelsea was killed, maybe they just couldn't live with that anymore. It's just no coincidence both girls were found within days of each other, no way.
Was the tip phoned in? I wonder if they can trace it......

I thought it was very odd, too.....looking for this girl for such a long time and then a tip leads them straight to her..... The L.A. Times article mentioned all the things that the parents had done to keep this going and to keep it main stream.....private investigators, etc.... It said that she was on her way to school with a $200 check for a 4-H project......

It seems that both girls were in shallow graves....

Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,151,633 times
The dog story does not hold any water, in my opinion. No dog is ever going to track a 6-month-old scent trail of a person in a locked car through busy city. Even the best trained dogs cannot track trails that are much more than two weeks old. And in those cases the person being tracked has to walk or be carried.

Something very weird is going on. I hope we'll learn more over time if/when they charge someone with this murder. I doubt it was Gardner in Amber's case (at least not alone). I don't see how he could have forced the girl into the car on a busy street without anyone noticing. My money is on an acquaintance or even a relative.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM

From the news i have heard on kfi (john & ken) it looks like the escondido police dept may have screwed up about the dog scent. I wouldnt doubt it one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego