Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:00 PM

69 posts, read 448,702 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I was wondering, is San Diego a good place to be to meet different people between the ages of 18-30? I'm considering this area and would like some input. Thanks in advance :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
I would say yes, San Diego is a fun place for singles. I must say, San Diego has a lot of hot girls! The Gaslamp District in downtown S.D. and Pacific Beach are great places to meet people, if you're into the whole bar/club scene. I have heard San Diego girls having the reputation of being stuck-up and materialistic, but they aren't all like that, just depends on where you go. I happened to meet a lot of down-to-earth girls while I was living out here. Also, it has a very ethnicly diverse population so you can meet a variety of different girls. Whether you like white, black, hispanic, or asian girls, you'll find them all here. In fact, it is rated one of the best cities for singles.

I'm not saying it's a bad place for couples, but now that I'm about to get married, me and my wife-to-be are ready to relocate to a different scene.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:13 PM

840 posts, read 6,515,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I would say yes, San Diego is a fun place for singles. I must say, San Diego has a lot of hot girls! The Gaslamp District in downtown S.D. and Pacific Beach are great places to meet people, if you're into the whole bar/club scene. I have heard San Diego girls having the reputation of being stuck-up and materialistic, but they aren't all like that, just depends on where you go. I happened to meet a lot of down-to-earth girls while I was living out here. Also, it has a very ethnicly diverse population so you can meet a variety of different girls. Whether you like white, black, hispanic, or asian girls, you'll find them all here. In fact, it is rated one of the best cities for singles.

I'm not saying it's a bad place for couples, but now that I'm about to get married, me and my wife-to-be are ready to relocate to a different scene.

You pretty much summed it up.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:21 PM

22 posts, read 192,048 times
I became single at age 28 and for 3 years, I was living "high on the hog". There was so much to do, so much live music, great bars and it is a great city to meet very interesting girls. As far as the gay scene goes, well, some of my friends have positive things to say. As far as girls looking for guys, on the other hand, ummmm slim pickin's really. Sure girls you can find a cute guy to sleep with, but seriously, most San Diego guys (not all) are kind of pricks. No offense guys, but if you know you are a prick, you should not get riled up for me pointing out a fact. if you are not a prick then I am obvioulsy talking about the other several hundred thousand or so guys. : )

Old 06-16-2007, 01:29 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
The dating scene in SD is strange. It's full of weird little games. Potential dates size you up on your job, car, appearance and other superficial traits much moreso than other cities. If you don't meet these standars, most people there will reject you immediately.
Also, the men and women tend to to arrogant and stuck up. They act like they're above you, and you have to play a big game just to bring them down to your level and make them drop their front. If you want to date in SD you can't be laid back about it, you gotta play the SD game and put on the SD uniform. It's really a lame scene.
Also a LOT of people in SD are truely nasty and scandelous. Instead of SD they should call it STD. Cause that's what you'll get in that city if you're not careful.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
The dating scene in SD is strange. It's full of weird little games. Potential dates size you up on your job, car, appearance and other superficial traits much moreso than other cities. If you don't meet these standars, most people there will reject you immediately.
Also, the men and women tend to to arrogant and stuck up. They act like they're above you, and you have to play a big game just to bring them down to your level and make them drop their front. If you want to date in SD you can't be laid back about it, you gotta play the SD game and put on the SD uniform. It's really a lame scene.
Also a LOT of people in SD are truely nasty and scandelous. Instead of SD they should call it STD. Cause that's what you'll get in that city if you're not careful.
sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. expectations lead to disappointment. i had fun for me and girls are attracted to people who are feeling good about themselves and not really that guy skulking around complaining about how superficial everyone is. That sort of "mightier than thou" thing works to attract other people who have a tendency to jump on the Debby Downer bandwagon but it does little to attract quality ...sorry, just my dos centavos para ti mi hombrito enojadito

Old 06-16-2007, 02:01 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
sounds a bit like sour grapes to me. expectations lead to disappointment. i had fun for me and girls are attracted to people who are feeling good about themselves and not really that guy skulking around complaining about how superficial everyone is. That sort of "mightier than thou" thing works to attract other people who have a tendency to jump on the Debby Downer bandwagon but it does little to attract quality ...sorry, just my dos centavos para ti mi hombrito enojadito
Yeah. I guess the numerous other posters who say SD and OC are superficial are sour grapes too? Nope, SD and OC are superficial and materialistic. It doesn't take a whole lot of brains or judgement to see this.
I met a lot of people in SD and my dating life was great while I lived there. But I had to deal with hundreds and hundreds of snobby, rotton people just to find a handfull of respectful ones.
Most of you So-Cal people are so indoctrinated into the plastic culture of materialism that you don't even see it or know that you're doing it. Or you're just not pereptive or intelligent enough to see it for what it really is.
But there's a LOT of posts in these threads saying just this, that you all are snobs. Are they all just crazy? I don't think so.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:20 AM

sorry, I didn't hear you correctly...could you come again...the damn text-2-voice translator in my new Lexus LS 460 hybrid... piece of crap really isn't working all that well. That's what I get for not buying the one that Paris is selling to help feed the poor kids on the streets of Bel Air.

Sweeping generalizations are so failing in my Logic 101 class. I should know by now...I like own the whole university.

Oops...Bars are closing soon...gotta rush in there to see if I can find some girl who is attracted to my keen sense of fashion.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:48 PM

1 posts, read 29,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post

All the people I met in SD are all nice just depends on the people you attract and the vibe you bring out to attract the ******* and *******s in San Diego.Just learn to let the comments that other people make by letting them go.There will always be pricks in every city or town you arrive at,you just got to keep a level head and move on to the next person.Always be nice and respectful,if you worked for someone in SD,it would be better to own your own business and have them work for you.Nobody likes complainers,Negativity,opinionated people anywhere.But in overall with the people in SD just think maybe they are having a bad day? or maybe their mom died and they can't handle it,always look for the alternative reason as to why they are acting like the way they are and not have an attitude and think that they have a stick up their ass.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:08 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,990,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shackles90 View Post
...always look for the alternative reason as to why they are acting like the way they are and not have an attitude and think that they have a stick up their ass.
It's probably because we're not taking our meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
View detailed profiles of: