Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM

4 posts, read 17,546 times

Advertisements

I saw a previous post on here about El Cajon being a pretty rough area. I am looking at a townhouse located at 11364 Via Rancho in Tristan. Is that area any better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 02:26 PM

9,526 posts, read 30,475,285 times
It's Rancho San Diego, very nice area.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:37 PM

93 posts, read 228,409 times
Looked up the address on google earth. I'll second what Sass said. I know the area, and it's solidly middle to upper middle class. There are other threads you can find discussing El Cajon, but to suggest all of the town is bad is an incorrect and misleading assertion.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,239 times
Don't take that "EC becoming a rough area" crap.I was just there today and the city is fine.Believe me,I've been to maybe 10 other cities that are worse or have worse areas than that.Some streets are a little run down but what city doesn't have that?I mean it's not Compton,CA circa 1988.

Like Sass said;very nice area of the County.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:09 AM

1 posts, read 3,071 times
I am considering buying a townhouse to live and move to...in El Cajon... it is a gated development called Teatro Circle...near i think 3rd and Broadway..is this a nice area?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times
I think it's funny when people call El Cajon "ghetto". People call it that because any place that has poor people is a ghetto in their minds.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder300 View Post
I am considering buying a townhouse to live and move to...in El Cajon... it is a gated development called Teatro Circle...near i think 3rd and Broadway..is this a nice area?
Not a particularly bad area, not upscale by any stretch either. I wouldn't hesitate to move there if I liked the townhouse and the rent was decent. I think you'll find a mixed bag of people around there, and with it being gated, that will help as well.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:23 PM

465 posts, read 463,743 times
El Cajon is pretty ghetto.

Lots of people there have a ghetto mentality all the way. Even if they are just wannabes, they are still in that mindset of trying to be hard, starting up crews, reppin' their neighborhood, starting beef with other people. hustlin', listening to hardcore rap music, etc.

When people cannot see this side of El Cajon and act oblivious to it. I can't believe it, because this side of El Cajon is not very difficult to see. Just walk around the mall and you'll see dozens of "ghetto" people.

El Cajon is a lot safer than most real ghettos. And I wouldn't call El Cajon a real gheto. But ghetto culture is huge there.

I lived there for a few years by the way, and walked every street in the city practically.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRefugee View Post
El Cajon is pretty ghetto.

El Cajon is a lot safer than most real ghettos. And I wouldn't call El Cajon a real gheto. But ghetto culture is huge there.
The culture you describe is certainly there to be seen in portions of El Cajon, (to varying degrees) but this doesn't apply to every area of the city and I don't think the area he is describing is one of the worst. I wouldn't recommend against moving there if he likes the apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego