Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:55 AM

334 posts, read 1,067,453 times

Advertisements

45 min from Mill Valley to Fidi?? That seems much longer than I would think it would take. How long from Greenbrae? A full hour? I thought the ferry was less than a 30 min ride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 09:58 AM

5,242 posts, read 13,078,817 times
45 minutes is pretty good, if you live in some parts of San Francisco like at Ocean Beach it can take an hour on the Muni Metro to get to downtown SF. The ferry might take 30 minutes but then you have to add on to it your travel time from your house to the ferry and then getting from the ferry building to your office. Marin might look close to SF but due to the Bay and its hilliness it takes a while to get to downtown SF.

Check out 511.org for different transit options and to see the estimated time for different services.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:30 AM

25 posts, read 98,135 times
What can you tell me about mill valley / sausalito. What is living there like?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 PM

86 posts, read 247,136 times
I have been commuting on the Golden Gate Transit #4 from Mill Valley to SF for 20+ years. Nice buses with recliner seats, reading lights, and quiet fellow passengers. Many employers offer tax-advantaged commuter checks to help pay the fare. The longest part of the commute is crossing San Francisco. Rare to have a backup on the bridge. The Larkspur ferry suggested by others would not make sense as it is north of MV and I don't know why someone would travel north to go south. There is a ferry from Sausalito but there is no free parking lot.

Mill Valley offers excellent access to lots of outdoor activities, has a nice walkable downtown, is very safe and has mild weather. Downside is very expensive housing prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland